• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 165 Mods

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
No picture for this one. I noticed that my bench seat would "float open" when I was on rough water (ok, stupid rough, I had no choice... had to come home! lol). When it would go weightless and float, it would then come slamming down really hard at each wave. There is no clasp or anything. So I decided to simply add a little magnet for cabinetry and such. It now stays closed and doesn't slam down. Here's the link to a CANADIAN Amazon page in case someone is interested. JQK Magnetic Drawer Catch, Stainless Steel Cabinet Magnet Closet Door Catches 4 Pack, 2.5mm Thickness Silver, HCC200-P4, Catches - Amazon Canada

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Finally decided to install a tow valve. Never needed it before, but it's there now. Easy to do and inexpensive. IF YOU DO THIS YOU CAN CAUSE SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE IF YOU FORGET IT CLOSED! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! lol

Attachments

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Scarab never equipped their boats with one? I never thought twice about the ones in my Chaparral. Always thought it was more BRP supplied.
They used PVC ball valves.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Not to my knowledge. Pretty sure no Scarab has this. I suspect it's a giant liability issue. I can just imagine how many folks would close them and forget about it. But then again, if Chaparral does this...... I've never needed it, but it's a cheap mod of course. Now I don't have to carry a clamp. :)

Steel Kruzn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
New to the forum but not to the Squirt boat scene... I have been a Seadoo 150 owner for 11 years and this summer updated several times but ended up with a 2016 165 HO. One of the things I hated was the front Nav light so it was the first change I made. I went with a really nice,low profile LED that looks like it should have come on the boat. I purchased it from Amazon and posted pictures of the part number and name if anyone needs it.

Attachments

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
After realizing this winter that gravel roads and towing aren't mixing for me, I did a full gel coat restoration which was a ton of work. Now I wanted to protect my time investment lol (and boat). After looking up solutions, I had a hard time justifying the costs of some of these solutions. I considered mud flaps for the car too, but none fit my hitch/car setup (not a pickup truck). So I McGyver'd a solution using CE Smith 5' guide bunks which were only $200CAD for 4 posts (and bunks which aren't being used). A bit of 2" pipe, caps and heavy duty screen + grommets and bungee cords. Tada! I think it looks pretty decent and that's where ALL the damage was located in my case

Attachments

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I looked at those heavily. Theoretically, maybe... I have a Subaru with the factory receiver. The receiver has zero length to it. The hitch I'm using also has no length to it which means there's no gap to install these. Finally, it's a 1.25" not a 2". Which means I'd need to adapt that too.

After lots of consideration, I gave it a past. I preferred having it on the trailer. Nothing to install on the car or trailer.. it's just permanently there. I just finished the second side actually and looks pretty darn good and should be quite functional.

Bohdiez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Where did you get the bunkboard guide ons? Was it an online purchase or local.
The gel coat looks good and shinny. Wow.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length

Bohdiez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
lol yes they will. Sometimes I buy on Amazon, but I always compare in case it's the same price (or in this case, better). :)