• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Scarab 165g performance

do_scarab

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I recently purchased a 2017 scarab 165g with only 33 hours left. on my first try on the water. I found that the maximum speed of the boat is 41 mph while my old boat a 2003 seadoo sportster 4tech 150 hp, the maximum speed was 51 mph (gps) the 2 models have a similar engine (150 hp) and only 100 pounds difference same pump.
I noticed that the engine of my scarab 165 is equipped with a catalytic . after searching the boat images for sale on kijiji.
I noticed that some
scarab 165 (150hp) 2016 to 2018 do not have a catalylic. I wonder if the scarab 165 (150hp) without catalylic are more efficient than my boat. would it be the fact that my scarab is equipped with a catalylic would be the reason that this one is less efficient than my seadoo sportster 150
and those who have a scarab 165 (150 hp) without catalyst, what is your maximum speed in mph.

From what I've read, if someone removes the cat it only adds a few extra mph. Not enough to add 10.

I've never driven the Sea-Doo boats, but I suspect the hull shape has a lot to do with it. There's a "hook" in the hull by design in Scarabs to stabilize the boat. This robs you of some speed though.

But overall, I'm not sure why there would be such a difference if you're correct and everything else is the same. Compromises....

Back