• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 195 - Subwoofer

ScarabRyan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hey guys, I’m new to the boating world. I just got a 2015 scarab 195 HO with 51 hours on it. I Just ordered a Samson sports wake tower + bimini since this boat didn’t already have one and I’m in Texas. Going to need some shade in July.

I bought the boat from my boss and he already upgraded the speakers and added rear deck speakers and it sounds great and very loud. I am wanting to add a subwoofer and was looking for some guidance on the best place to put the sub as well as brands to look at as well as

Attachments

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Nice boat!
The pre-installed sub-woofers are installed in the under-seat storage behind the front passenger seat6EE7FECF-96DF-4678-8BCD-D4D96EDCC920.jpg

That's probably a good place to start. Can't help you much with the brand, I'm just using the stock speakers/radio.

Congrats on your new boat!

ScarabRyan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thank you I appreciate the reply! That looks awesome.

can you upload a photo of how it looks on the inside of the storage compartment? Also what size is that sub?

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length

can you upload a photo of how it looks on the inside of the storage compartment? Also what size is that sub?
Darn! I was just at the boat yesterday and I was going to take a picture but I forgot. I store it at a marina about an hour away, and I don't think I'll be there again until next weekend. If no one else has gotten you a picture by then, I'll try and remember. I believe it's an 8" woofer.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length

Here is a view from the top:
20200513_125649.jpg

And from the back:
20200513_125657.jpg

Last edited:

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
I had the 195 and @Nexus is right with the first picture. Port or starboard side seat well is a great location.

As far as brands to go with, that is a dangerous "can a worms" to open up on forums because of the wide variety of tastes and opinions. Along with that, brands vary in what they are good for (clear highs, deep lows, or all-encompassing mid-range performance, and what receiver and amplifier is driving them.)

Now that you've read the disclaimer....

My opinion:
First choice -you cannot miss with JL Audio or Wet Sounds. They have proven to be two of the premium brands for marine audio but they can be VERY pricey.

Scarabs premium system option however came with Kicker amp and speakers which I have had and is a good middle of the road consistent player. Clarity depends heavily on what is driving these speakers (and most others for that matter. but its noticeable depending on the amp that is matched with them. I even mated them with a Rockville RXM8BTB amp for the Bluetooth capability. That was very cool and super inexpensive for the power.

I have had Polk Audio speakers as well with MB Quart marine amplifiers. Superb with the highs but the 6.5's tended to be a little weak with handling mid to lows. All-in-all nice crisp sound.

I do not endorse any particular brand unless they start paying me to do so- but I will tell you that I am very excited about my setup for the new rig! Will post back results when complete! Hope this helps! @ScarabRyan :winkingthumbsup"

ScarabRyan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thank you all for the feedback. I waited till the off-season to start doing the upgrades. I did a 6 switch marine panel to control everything. Wet sounds amp & rev 8’s, monster tower and bimini, wet sounds speakers, 4 replaced and added 2 on the rear deck, led light bar, boatpluglight.com drain plug lights, BPL controller for the RGBs on the speakers. Almost done with the installation and I will post pics. I got a wet sounds enclosed /powered sub but after reading some of the replies I’m thinking I should get a real sub and cut the hole. I’ve just been scared to cut a big hole in the fiberglass.

does anyone on here have experience with the wet sounds AS - 6,8 or 10? Or feedback from hearing one ? I got an 8 but I have about 12 more days before I can’t return it.

H20Thrust

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Scarabs premium system option however came with Kicker amp and speakers which I have had and is a good middle of the road consistent player. Clarity depends heavily on what is driving these speakers (and most others for that matter. but its noticeable depending on the amp that is matched with them. I even mated them with a Rockville RXM8BTB amp for the Bluetooth capability. That was very cool and super inexpensive for the power.
Can you tell me any more about the non-Kicker basic Scarab speaker package? I'm looking at buying a Scarab (2017) and it has a lot of upgrades, but this isn't one of them. Speakers look like the basic models and there appear to be only 4. Does that mean no amp and no sub? Know anything more on these?

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Can you tell me any more about the non-Kicker basic Scarab speaker package? I'm looking at buying a Scarab (2017) and it has a lot of upgrades, but this isn't one of them. Speakers look like the basic models and there appear to be only 4. Does that mean no amp and no sub? Know anything more on these?
Hi @H20Thrust ! You are correct. If it has the basic system, you likely will just have the 4 speakers and the head unit. Very easy to upgrade though, so I would not let that be a deal breaker if you really like the boat. Hope that helps!

H20Thrust

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi @H20Thrust ! You are correct. If it has the basic system, you likely will just have the 4 speakers and the head unit. Very easy to upgrade though, so I would not let that be a deal breaker if you really like the boat. Hope that helps!
Possible to add the remote, transom radio control? Any idea what this takes? I looked into the parts last night and found the controller. But where does it connect? What wires are needed? Any details you can point me towards?

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Possible to add the remote, transom radio control? Any idea what this takes? I looked into the parts last night and found the controller. But where does it connect? What wires are needed? Any details you can point me towards?
Not sure if you can do this with the standard system but I watched this video on the medallion system:

From what the speaker says, it looks like you can add a remote by using an extension and a "Y". Might be the same for the standard radio.