• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 255 Open ID/G vs FSH

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm aware this is the FSH section and that's on purpose. Did any FSH owners compare against the Scarab offerings before going with the FSH?

I have an FSH on order right now but I walked around the Scarab 255 today to see what it was like. The power options are nice (600 HP sounds fun) and it's understandably quite a bit larger but I was pretty disappointed with the fit and finish of the model I saw. It was a 2019 that hasn't left the dealer and it already looked 5+ years old between corrosion, broken cushion snaps etc. I know that's partially due to how the dealer has kept it but none of what I looked at was particularly inspiring. There were other small things as well such as the forward lockers having "rough cut" boards as their interior as opposed to finished fiberglass and console switches that seem tacky and cheap. The engine compartment also seemed quite haphazardly laid out as compared to the FSH where the bare battery is simply strapped down directly adjacent to the motor and bilge lines.

I haven't been able to find much info on the "new" Scarab brand (I'm familiar with the go fast boats of yesteryear) and I suppose my walk through didn't improve my opinion at all. I could also mention that this boat has been sitting at the dealer not moving for over a year while Yamahas are snatched up the second they hit they market.

Curious if any FSH owners also looked at the Scarabs before making your purchase.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I did, as soon as I saw the price tag I immediately crossed it off the list. Optioned up a $90,000 25’ center console would have put me in a serious outboard rig from a luxury brand (Scout, Robalo, maybe even a Blackfin). I also didn’t care for the single throttle, what’s the point of two engines if you can run them independently? Fit and finish was subpar. The 250 hp engines were intriguing it not for the $. Didn’t really care for the graphics design, too flashy for me.

Tailwaters

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've never cared for the layout and all the hokey graphics.