• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 285!!

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
They Just introduced the 285 Scarab!! It’s going to be a great year!

I will edit this post as new info comes in.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Twin 300 wake boat, sounds interesting

Where the hell is the new seadoo info?? They was supposed to release some teaser info last night that I can't seem to find.

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Why cant Scarab put this info on there website? They are consistently behind on releasing any new updates about there lineup

Slfmde

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If they made this a center console I would be all over it. Is there really a market for a 28ft wake boat??

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If they made this a center console I would be all over it. Is there really a market for a 28ft wake boat??
Because they add swim platform in the overall length of these jet boats, including Yamahas, the real comparison in inboard/v-drive wake boat world would more accurately be 3-4ft below, nominally.
For example, a 240 Yamaha hull is way shorter than a 22ft MC (probably closer to their 20), etc.

So, yes, a 28ft jet boat could be it, as far as surfing. Who knows though, I'll believe it when I see the wake/wave behind it with someone surfing it.

--

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
:snaphappy:

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
3,000 lbs ballast?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here’s a sneak peak at the port side towards the stern. Notice how the bottom of the hull sweeps inward and compound angle? This is what Nautique does with the G series hull as well as Centurion/Supreme with their Opti-V hull. This style of hull shaping allows the water to flow smoothly off the rear corners of the boat and helps create a bigger wave and more push.

E1D4AB85-D026-48E4-8F3D-77A6599DF43F.png

mferrari

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Why cant Scarab put this info on there website? They are consistently behind on releasing any new updates about there lineup
Because it is clearly in the very early stages of design and not to be released until 2020...

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I do believe this is dealer show info, and not general info. Believe me, once it is supposed to hit the public, their website will be lit up. Or better yet, once 2018 stock is down, they will fill their website. Whichever comes first.

On this board, we get used to getting info much quicker than the general public. This will be interesting to see for sure.

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Anything new on this?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I had heard it was going to be wider than 8'6" though.
Can anyone confirm that?
Also, does anyone know if Chaparral will be doing anything new? I never hear any news from them! Be interesting if they have the ACE engines and a new size or something as well.
Seems like Scarab is really trying to compete and Chaparral started off strong and now is just making the same thing.

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
@Speedling,

Don’t quote me, but I swear somewhere along the way with all the reading I have recently done that the Vortex will have the new 300hp motor option... I don’t recall where though. It could have been the Chap or Vortex fb group, or maybe the Chap forum, or here in the Chap forum.... But it may have been owners just hoping and wishing for it...

I didn’t read anything regarding a larger mode though. Just that they are dropping the 243 model, and will only have the 2430 with the dual buckets/ rear u shaped bench.

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
@Speedling

Ok, just looked at the Vortex build page, and the 1.6/300hp motors are listed as an option...

Maybe that was where I had seen it before.

Attachments

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had heard it was going to be wider than 8'6" though.
Can anyone confirm that?
That would really shoot themselves in the foot as it would cut out all customers who trailer. Although, at that length, maybe there would be fewer trailering this boat. I don't see them going wider.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Speedling,

Don’t quote me, but I swear somewhere along the way with all the reading I have recently done that the Vortex will have the new 300hp motor option... I don’t recall where though. It could have been the Chap or Vortex fb group, or maybe the Chap forum, or here in the Chap forum.... But it may have been owners just hoping and wishing for it...

I didn’t read anything regarding a larger mode though. Just that they are dropping the 243 model, and will only have the 2430 with the dual buckets/ rear u shaped bench.
The Scarab dealer on the jerboaters Facebook page who recently visited the Scarab dealers meeting said they will have new ACE 300 engine options. Chaparral announced earlier this year they will also use the new ACE 300 engines so it only makes sense for Scarab to follow since they use the same BRP engine platform https://jetboaters.net/threads/vortex-with-rotax-ace-300.18989/

John Carnevale

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
They Just introduced the 285 Scarab!! It’s going to be a great year!

I will edit this post as new info comes in.
Anyone know when they will be releasing info on the 28’ scarab? Is it going to actually happen?

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Anyone know when they will be releasing info on the 28’ scarab? Is it going to actually happen?
Dude posted that In Sept of ‘08. Nothing since.

255IDTwin300s

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I hear ya.. On the question of a 28ft wakeboat.. I can tell you that the 25 foot range wakeboard boats like Malibu and Nautique , Mastercraft etc is crushing it right now. I realize 28 is 3 ft bigger but many times the actual hull is a little shorter on the jet boats compared to their topside deck. So perhaps it will be a hit?. Heck, I thought that I paid a lot for my 22 ft Malibu - but now my same boat is friggin triple what I paid in 2000. My point being, I see what mans are building these days and I just can't believe what people are willing to pay for them. It's crazy.

John Carnevale

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I would buy a 28’ jet boat for sure if the power is in line and it continues to be a multi purpose boat!! The wake boat market is saturated and a jet could never compete with a true “wake boat” designed for the singular purpose of surfing/skiing. I am personally not interested in a wake boat because they are sooooooooo incredibly slow, hard to steer near docks, don’t handle rough water well (Centurian RI257 is exception) and are insanely priced. In addition, I love having no props or out drive to worry about when inexperienced boaters are at the helm (i.e. I want to surf with my own boat while my wife drives :))!!

Build the 28’ foot scarab with some modest ballast, maybe a wedge to help shape wave and don’t make the hull “one dimensional” for surfing and it will be a hit. A 60 mph 28’ jet boat that you can surf decently behind is achievable in my opinion. A 60 mph inboard wake boat is not a possibility...that is the appeal!!!