• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab has been a huge dissapointment

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I feel for the Scarab guys. Repair mojo on the way for all of you sitting with boats that aren't quite right.
I'm right at 76 hours for the summer since I picked up in May of this year and the boat runs stronger than ever. Not even a huccup. Heading to Daytona Beach Shores in two weeks so I'll probably add another 25 hours during the two weeks we are there. I do have a couple of gel coat cracks that need attention in the off season and that sucks. The dealer isn't responding like I'd like on the cracks, but we'll see. I'll probably just do the gel repair myself and know that I've got it the way I want it.

ArthurH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm in with you mike, I have been absolutely disgusted with the way these boats have been built/ the issues that everyone has come across with the lack of support. When you build a boat you need to accomadate your clients and make sure you build your brand based on service. I have explored many options of trading mine in and I plan on doing so within the next year or two strictly based on all the small but relevant issues. It just seems that scarab hides whenever there's an issue. Btw I have had 3 friends looking to buy boats and at first I ranted and raved about the scarab I have since turned them away from a scarab.

Cheappc-ari

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Unbelievably sad, I was going to buy a Scarab, I love my seadoo speedster 150 never had an issue, was going to trade it for a 195, but now you guys have me worried, unbelievable but I think I'm going to buy a yamaha SX190..

It's not as pretty as a scarab, but I'm out on the water and I freaking hate having issues in the middle of the water.. Oh well I have a seadoo spark that I also like and not once did I have an issue with it either..

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Cheappc-ari ! Welcome :Welcome:

You'll love the SX190 and the build and long-term quality of the Yamaha. :winkingthumbsup"

Barbie & I really really like our Yamahas, but we all own 2 SeaDoo IBR 'skiis.

Jetski = Sea Doo.

Boat = Yamaha.

So glad you joined us ! Pls do keep us posted as you move thru this buying process.
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Last edited:

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
.........but now you guys have me worried, unbelievable but I think I'm going to buy a yamaha SX190....
You definitely can`t go wrong with a SX190, but don't let this conversation let you think all Rotax powered boats are cursed.
My Chaparral has been (currently knocking on wood) nothing but a reliable well built boat. Any questions have been handled promptly by my dealers mechanics. I could not be happier with mine.
Hate hearing of all these issues with Scarab.

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm thinking the issues are with RBH and there quality issues not as much with BRP. The motor will last there just won't be any boat left around it.

Repsol69

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
NA
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Well, I was set on getting one of these but now with all this bad news i regret i won't be buying a Scarab i gotta Thank ScarabMike for opening my eyes before i dropped the $$$$$ .....now not even buying a jet boat...looking at the Sea Rays or Monterey boats instead.....now trying to decide Outboard or Stern drive..LOL

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've been lurking in the shadows reading this thread. I can't believe in just 3 pages Scarab has lost nearly a dozen potential owners for a combined sales volume near $600,000!!

luanders

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I encourage everyone to make their own minds up on the boats and the brand -- certainly those of us who have had issues are vocal, but there are many who have not and/or who have had issues resolved! Was just out today and these faces speak volumes!! All smiles!!! I Am happy to take anyone out In the twin cities if they want a demo

Attachments

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well, I was set on getting one of these but now with all this bad news i regret i won't be buying a Scarab i gotta Thank ScarabMike for opening my eyes before i dropped the $$$$$ .....now not even buying a jet boat...looking at the Sea Rays or Monterey boats instead.....now trying to decide Outboard or Stern drive..LOL
I might strongly suggest you also consider and look at REGAL BOATS.
Great reputation, kewl features.
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Last edited:

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Ugh, I can't imagine going to an outdrive after having a jetboat.

Manifold, risers, water pumps, outdrive fluid/gearbox, prop strikes, power steering and lift hydraulic cylinders, belts, ..... Being in salt water, these are some of the things I hear the locals bitching about after just a couple years.

That being said, we'll be right there in a couple years if our plan to get a cabin cruiser comes through in a few years. Nut there is no way I would go that route if I could get a jetboat in the same configuration.

jet set

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@luke anderson I agree. I love my new Scarab! everyone I have taken out has been impressed with the fit and finish as well as the responsive handling and stability of the boat. I couldnt be more satisfied with my purchase. It seems to me that most of the unhappy Scarab owners have some commonality: they are mostly 195s; and bought from inadequate dealerships. Hopefully Scarab and Rec Boat Holdings all the way up to Parent company Beneteau will recognize the need to improve customer satisfaction and service by making sure the dealerships have appropriate knowledge and technical expertise for their brand. They better do it soon...

Repsol69

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
NA
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Might I strongly suggest you also consider and look at REGAL BOATS.
Great reputation, kewl features.
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
Thanx I have looked at the Regal boats also... A bit pricey but nice.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Ugh, I can't imagine going to an outdrive after having a jetboat.
Manifold, risers, water pumps, outdrive fluid/gearbox, prop strikes, power steering and lift hydraulic cylinders, belts, .....
Didnt think I would say this but you are so right

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have posted this in another section but it seems fitting here too. I haven't seen my boat in 8 weeks. Drive shaft ...aft needs replacement at 24 hrs. Really? 195 Impulse

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
You know that is a good point. I have 24 hrs of operation. I have never even pulled a person on my boat. I also haven't seen it since July 27th. Who knows?
At what point do I ask for another boat because right now I have a leaking tub.

Bry-n-Jess-165/HOI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
You know that is a good point. I have 24 hrs of operation. I have never even pulled a person on my boat. I also haven't seen it since July 27th. Who knows?
At what point do I ask for another boat because right now I have a leaking tub.
I would start blasting Scarab with tons of emails demanding they swap your boat with a brand new one, be relentless. I have the same flaw as you "Mr Nice Guy" , it's time to turn that off and get Medevil on them . Your boat has had so much work being performed on it I can't see things not getting scratched/ripped/smeared,ETC ! And who knows what the future will bring when all warranties are long gone !
I agree with what I seen someone else state about your debacle. " they have ruined the NEW BOAT EXPERIENCE" for you and a costly one at that!
It's time Scarab makes this shit right for you !

jet set

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@PapaBear how far up the chain of command have you pursued this? What are you being told is the holdup? Have you spoken to Rec Boat Holdings or Beneteau? I would keep going up the line until I spoke with someone with authority who could make this right for you. But to that just keep your cool. I hate this for you

luanders

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@PapaBear -- after working with Ralph Hoskins at the factory, my issues are resolved. I just hit 50 hrs

Status
Not open for further replies.