• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab put 161mm in 2016 250hp???

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I know there's been a lot of discussion about impellers and sizes and I was sold this boat with the understanding is 2016 had a 159 wear ring and impeller . I see on this form that's what it was, but BRP start putting them in on late 2016 ,so people need to know that you got to measure your wear ring inside diameter or your prop cuz there's both 159 out there and 161.
My boat is a 2016 with 2017 options and 161 wear ring.

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
By the way I found this out but trying to buy a new wear ring and impeller and I was told that was a 161. I measured it it's 161!!! I called Scarab and BRP and they both confirmed that the single engines in late 2016 were given the 161 and dual engines were still 159. This might be why I didn't get the top speed as others with older years.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
By the way I found this out but trying to buy a new wear ring and impeller and I was told that was a 161. I measured it it's 161!!! I called Scarab and BRP and they both confirmed that the single engines in late 2016 were given the 161 and dual engines were still 159. This might be why I didn't get the top speed as others with older years.
What about your OD clearances - impeller/wear ring? that would tell you - it should be very snag.

--

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm not sure I understand your question.
I have the pump out on the bench off the boat and the impeller is 161mm. The clearance should be about .004 I was told. Twins are 159mm

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This might be why I didn't get the top speed as others with older years.
I was just wondering if your impeller was the 159 spinning in the 161mm wear ring.
Sounds like you have it under control!

--

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
No everything on this is original to 161 mm impeller and wear ring I did want to go into changing it but right now I'm not sure, I still might do what faith did 159 1419 impeller and wear ring that seems to be still a good combination but I'm not sure if they're the same pumps anymore

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
It's going back into warranty with multiple issues anyway, im not going to worry about a impeller right now.