• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab Transducer

Sharked

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
So I know there are lots of threads about transducers in general mostly for Yamaha but I wanted to ask if its safe to mount a Transduser on the center of the ride plate, between the intake grill and the back edge. So if facing towards the bow, it would be in front of the nozzle. I should get a clear image there, as its in front of the jet wash?, but I am not sure if being close to the intake is a bad choice?

I know most have mounted it inside the boat, but the Lowrance dealer I have been talking to says that the Active Imaging won't work well unless I mount it under the boat.

Here is what the transducer looks like:
000-14489-001_01.jpg

Here is a photo of the back , with the red square being the area I am thinking of mounting?
PXL_20210722_002613908.jpg

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
If you're talking about drilling into the ride plate, no. Coolant circulates in there... see the example pic. If you drill into it, coolant will come out.

The typical spot people put outside transducers are just to the right of the right drain plug. As to where to route the wire, you can do what that guy did or what most do is run the cable in the back of the jet nozzle "well". Upper-right corner ABOVE the water line.

1626914936231.png

1626914879165.png

Sharked

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I didn't know that plate was hollow, I thought it was just like a skid plate like on an ATV or Jeep, good to know there is coolant inside, so I won't be drilling into it!

I did notice a large nut on the right corner, is that normal? (Red circle in my pic)
Seems out of place compared to the other nuts holding it on.

Attachments

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Coolant circulates inside the engine to cool it down, gets hot, then circulates inside the ride plate where it's in contact with water. Acts as a radiator. Then goes back to the engine. That's the purpose of the ride plate. The labyrinth inside is to slow down the flow to maximize cooling time.

That "nut" is a a sacrificial anode. It's to prevent corrosion. Do NOT remove it. lol There are multiple and they must be left UNpainted and in contact with various metal parts. If you remove them, the metal of your bucket, ride plate, nozzle, etc. will start to corrode very fast. Usually zinc for salt water and magnesium for fresh water like you. When those anodes wear out, you need to replace them with the right type. :)

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Actually, you can see another one on the right of your nozzle in the same pic. Same thing.