• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab vs Seadoo dealer

Jubin Payandeh

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I have taken my boat in for year end service.

The closest Scarab dealer is an 8 hour drive from here so I go to the local SeaDoo dealer.

The technician called, said he couldn't get into the computer as it was blocked. Called Scarab and they would not give him a ?hull code? needed to get in as that was for Scarab dealers only.

Has anyone else had this experience and is there a way around it. Other than an 8 hour drive both ways.

Jubin.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Then the Seadoo dealer doesn't have BUDS. This is a common Rotax engine software, and is not Scarab specific. The Seadoo dealer is feeding you a line of BS.

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
The Sea-Doo dealer is correct, Rotax Powerpacks use a different BUDS software.
The standard BUDS-W for Sea-Doo watercrafts & available to Sea-Doo dealer, would not be compatible with Rotax Powerpack sold in Scarab, Glastron, Vortex, Williams Jet Tenders.
They need the BUDS-P which is only available to Rotax Dealers.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Local Seadoo dealer has the new version of BUDS and can read both PWC, and Scarab. Same with Candoo's new update. Ive had my boat cleared at two different dealerships, and they had no problem in logging on.