• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seadek and Tower Removal\Prep

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah i know it comes with it but the wiring of it is seperate for my installers. Is it LED?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So for you or whomever is installing... My freeride tower was NOT fully drilled for the speaker and navigation wiring on the INSIDE of the tubes. I fought with this for a while before I figured out why my wiring wouldn't go through the hole! I was trying to vacuum it down and it just wasn't working. Figured out that NO HOLE makes it nearly impossible. Now I still have the navigation light to put on.
I also waited a LONG time after I was first promised for the tower. If there is any questions about the install, let me know. It's a nice tower, just some minor things here and there that they forget.

MrWizard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
^^^what he said!

It IS an LED bulb.

Also, if you're even remotely considering adding tower speakers in the future....NOW is the time to run those wires while the tower is apart. Once it's on the boat...I wish you luck. The tubing is not setup correctly to easily fish wires through...

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks guys I will mention that to the installers. I know they have installed a lot of these so hopefully they know the possible issues.

I was hoping it was LED. Thanks!

Also I am having them move my tower speakers over which they will be wiring. Should I have them run any other extra wires to future proof it?

MrWizard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe a power wire in case you decide to add any kind of lighting?

I wish I had done that..

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well with a great weather day yesterday my off-season additions started. I have got an install date of March 10 for my new tower.

I am going with the Freeride tower by Aerial. I am getting the massive 7ft bimini. I am also having the navigation light installed and my JL tower speakers moved over to the new tower, plus a new double wakeboard\kneeboard rack installed..

To start off i had to remove the stock tower and then installed my new seadek. Here are a few pics!

Tower is gone!

Holes!

Stock Swim Platform pad removed

Seadek installed!

Not happy to have a couple bubbles in the seadek but turned out pretty good otherwise.

Just waiting until March 10 for the tower and bimini now!
Simply use a push pin and pop the bubble. Remove the pin and let the air escape. Once flat you can press it down. Do not press until all the air has escaped.