• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seadek Boat Name Engraving

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So I am very close to pulling the trigger on the Seadek group buy. I thought I would separate this post from the long list of posts because I am curious for those of you who had the custom engraving done, who did the artwork? Did you all just do it yourself and provide the design to Will?

Its funny, we have had the boat several seasons and just never named it. I think we have settled on "Teachers Pet". My wife is a teacher so it seemed pretty good for us. If I am going to spend the money to engrave a name on the seadek I want the graphics to look good.

I have shied away from this because while I love my boat, I might sell it some day and this could become a pain. For sure, if the previous owner could not easily remove the name "Kat Lover" I would not have bought this boat. :)

Yeah i have certainly thought about that too. Right now i am just considering it because it sure looks good! With the prices climbing on these boats i dont see me ever letting it go. Besides i am making some fairly large investments this winter. Maybe by the time i am ready to sell the seadek will need replaced anyways. ;)

Those look awesome, but as @Gumbeaux said; I'd shy away from it in case I (or eventual new owner) wants to change the name.

I have shied away from this because while I love my boat, I might sell it some day and this could become a pain. For sure, if the previous owner could not easily remove the name "Kat Lover" I would not have bought this boat. :)
Exactly why I didn't do it.

@Rana drew the impeller that is featured on ours. @JetBoatPilot turned it into an awesome set of mats. I absolutely would go ahead and have your boats name cut into the mats. After two years of use they still look like new.

image.jpg

The rear mats can be relatively cheaply replaced in perhaps an hour.

I had a thought to have Will cut a boat name out of Sea Deck and install it as a graphic (vertical surface on the back of the boat, or wherever you want). This way it could be removed if/when I sell the boat. It would give the name more depth than a standard graphic, and it would of course match my Sea Deck.

I had a thought to have Will cut a boat name out of Sea Deck and install it as a graphic (vertical surface on the back of the boat, or wherever you want). This way it could be removed if/when I sell the boat. It would give the name more depth than a standard graphic, and it would of course match my Sea Deck.

I love this idea. @JetBoatPilot thoughts?

that could be done too. Not sure where you could put it though. You have to have a large surface for the engraving to be large enough for the machine to do a good job on the logo.

Is it possible to have Yamaha logos engraved on the mats?

@Craig no we can't engrave Yamaha logos unless they give you written consent. You would need to contact them and ask for permission to use the logo on your boat.

Back