• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seadek Installed Terra over Black

Brad Meeuwse

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
As promised, here is the Terra over Black Seadek installed on our 2016 242. When I was "shopping" it was pretty difficult to find posts with the different colors of seadek installed on the 2015 and newer 242. So, hopefully this helps someone. The removal of the factory chocolate seadek was really pretty easy. Maybe mine was not installed very well or something. I used a heat gun to get it warm to touch and then used a faster but steady speed. The decking liked to come out in sections of two strips at a time. Barely left any residue. A bit of goof off and a final cleaning of acetone and done. The hardest part was getting the lines perfect. Take your time and its done in a day. All the Optional items are on the way. I will post those as well.IMG_1760.jpg IMG_1761.jpgIMG_1760.jpg IMG_1761.jpgIMG_1762.jpg IMG_1760.jpgIMG_1760.jpg IMG_1761.jpgIMG_1762.jpgIMG_1766.jpgIMG_1752.jpgIMG_1754.jpgIMG_1765.jpgIMG_1783.jpgIMG_1782.jpgIMG_1784.jpgIMG_1769.jpgIMG_1789.jpgIMG_1791.jpgIMG_1767.jpgIMG_1760.jpg IMG_1761.jpgIMG_1762.jpgIMG_1766.jpgIMG_1752.jpgIMG_1754.jpgIMG_1765.jpgIMG_1783.jpgIMG_1782.jpgIMG_1784.jpgIMG_1769.jpgIMG_1789.jpgIMG_1791.jpgIMG_1767.jpg

Brad Meeuwse

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
For some reason the pictures posted multiple times. oops. not sure how to fix that. sorry....

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks great but I was distracted by the helicopter, jet and prop plane in the background. I would consider myself fortunate just to have a covered place to work on my boat when I install the terra over black seadek I ordered (basically every thing you did not order as my family wants to keep the carpet).

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looks Outstanding! @Brad Meeuwse where did you get your Seadek? I see yours came in singular pieces for the bow floor, ski locker and rear cockpit. THAT would have been nice!!

Boat looks tiny next to "Sexy Sue" LOL!

Brad Meeuwse

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
haha! yes, sexy sue is a sweetheart. i ordered my seadek through will at jet boat pilot. i requested those middle mats be combined. it was $100 extra, but worth it i think. i had ordered all the optional mats as well, but they were not in my shipment. a little miscommunication, but the mats are on their way now. i will send one...only one picture... of the optional mats installed. not 100 pictures over and over again. lol i think the terra over black is a great color choice with the tan accents on the interior. id recommend it...:)

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok so the pic with the plane...damn. Quick look and I thought : B-25? Then realized the nose was too slender. Anyway, what a beauty Sue is. Great choice in Seadeck colors.
The rest of this I just posted in sofakingbig's Seadeck post but thought I would add it here too:
Very nice! I did the same thing and love it. Get a bottle of simple green, dilute it 50% and keep that on board. It's the best stuff for scrubbing oil stains, red clay dirt stains, whatever, off of the Seadeck.
However the locker cover has shrunk terribly due to the reflection off the day head door. So if you are leaving it sitting in the sun while on the beach or whatever, lay down some life vests or towels on that area. I know you probably read the warnings about this from the manufacturer. I'm just letting you know it's a real issue.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ok so the pic with the plane...damn. Quick look and I thought : B-25? Then realized the nose was too slender. Anyway, what a beauty Sue is. Great choice in Seadeck colors.
The rest of this I just posted in sofakingbig's Seadeck post but thought I would add it here too:
Very nice! I did the same thing and love it. Get a bottle of simple green, dilute it 50% and keep that on board. It's the best stuff for scrubbing oil stains, red clay dirt stains, whatever, off of the Seadeck.
However the locker cover has shrunk terribly due to the reflection off the day head door. So if you are leaving it sitting in the sun while on the beach or whatever, lay down some life vests or towels on that area. I know you probably read the warnings about this from the manufacturer. I'm just letting you know it's a real issue.
I believe that is an A-26, much smaller than a B-25 for sure but definitely a bada$$ plane!!!!

Great shots inside the hangar by the way!!!

Brad Meeuwse

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sexy Sue is a 1944 Douglas A-26 "Invader". (Also known as a B26...but not to be confused with a "Marauder") The A-26 was built to replace the B-25.

Really good idea on the simple green. I wouldn't have thought of that. I already need some degreasing from our last camping trip. My kids walked though some grease and then onto the transom. BBQ grease everywhere. lol I'll give the simple green a test. Thanks!

Daron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sexy Sue is a 1944 Douglas A-26 "Invader". (Also known as a B26...but not to be confused with a "Marauder") The A-26 was built to replace the B-25.

Really good idea on the simple green. I wouldn't have thought of that. I already need some degreasing from our last camping trip. My kids walked though some grease and then onto the transom. BBQ grease everywhere. lol I'll give the simple green a test. Thanks!
First of all nice install, I love the color, a lot. I just ordered some SeaDek pieces from JBP today and they'll be here next week. I just got matching pieces for the few areas that didn't come included from Yamaha that I want to cover for protection and traction. Could you tell me what you did for surface prep before applying the SeaDek, such as cleaning solvents and tools, and abrasives? I don't need to remove any old material, I will be putting over bare fiberglass. Thanks.

I'm assuming the EC-130 isn't yours? Lol

why_fly_high

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That A-26 was restored across the ramp from where I work. Used to see it fly before he sold it. I guess I know where it ended up.

The Seadeck looks awesome but planes are still my first love. Thus my screen name.

mpbassett44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Brad Meeuwse These pics have really helped me out. Thanks!!! I have the same color interior as you and was debating what color to get. I really like the Chocolate over black, but I was worried about the melting issue warning from Jet Boat Pilot. I didn't want to go to light, because I was worried about the mats getting really dirty. The Terra seems like a great option. Not to dark, not to light!!!!

Guy in a Boat

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Can anyone give a review on Seadeck after 2-5 years? I see a lot of new installs but not long term opinions. I use my boat 30-50hrs a year on freshwater and it is put in my shop every evening so the sun exposure is little. Good install by the way.