• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SeaDek Inventory Levels & How This Impacts Your Future SeaDek Plans

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey guys and gals,

We wanted to write to tell you about a new development that we learned about today. Many boaters put off ordering products for their boat till nearer to boating season and for good reason. In years past there were no real inventory issues to speak of so a "just in time" approach was a no brainer.

Today we were informed that SeaDek lead times have extended from 10 weeks to 20 weeks and will be this way until at least 20 weeks from now. How does this impact someone who's considering buying SeaDek this year?

For now, JetBoatPilot has sufficient stock to last through April if orders are consistent with last year's orders plus a 10% increase in order volume. But, what we've observed over the past couple of years is that when people begin to learn about inventory shortages, they opt to order sooner than later so they don't have to wait. This in turn creates a situation much like the toilet paper run we saw in 2020.

So for those of you who are considering ordering SeaDek in April or May, you may consider ordering sooner so you'll be able to have it installed for the season. We're taking steps to secure enough inventory to take care of our customers and even have open orders with SeaDek as we anticipated this shortage late last year. If SeaDek delivers our open orders sooner than the 20 weeks we will have avoided the inventory crunch. But there is a chance that our open orders get pushed back an extra 20 weeks which could make for a difficult early boating season for many.

Is this another attempt to drum up business? About 2 weeks ago y'all announced a price increase, so I hurried up and bought the last part to complete my Seadek.. Prices are still the same, and the coupon code worked all the up to the "submit order" screen, then said the checkout total had changed and I had to redo the checkout without it. Not tryin to complain too much, but that stuff is expensive!!
No this is a real challenge right now and we're letting people know that this summer its going to be tough to get SeaDek. We've never seen a 20 week lead time on anything in 12 years of business.

Also the sale price last month was 15% off and this month the sale price is 10% off so prices did indeed go up. Each off season we offer sale discounts to encourage customers to order when we're slow and having a hard time keeping our full staff employed. As it gets warmer out the sale discounts are reduced because we are super busy selling at regular price during the season.

Running a seasonal business is very tough, especially when it comes to keeping a trained and qualified staff employed year round.

I hope this helps.

Yes,I bought this kit, applied the discount,everything worked until I got to checkout, then it kicked me back saying the discount did not apply, and my total had changed. We do appreciate the off-season discounts,but when they cannot be applied, they shouldn't be advertised.
https://jetboatpilot.com/products/yamaha-210-212-seadek-port-starboard-engine-bay-mats-12-16-my
We're you trying to use a first time shopper 10% Off coupon or was it the 15% Off SeaDek special?

It may have been a glitch. We'll make it right if you did not get what we advertised. Just email me at will@jetboatpilot.com and I'll help you out.

It was the Seadek special...This is my second seadek purchase from your company.

It was the Seadek special...This is my second seadek purchase from your company.
Ok and did the order go through without the discount being applied? Or did you abandon the cart?

Ok and did the order go through without the discount being applied? Or did you abandon the cart?
Yes,the order went through without the applied discount.I just received it all today. It was folded and rolled up to fit in a small box, the corners are flipped and delaminated from the backing paper, I hope they hold down come April when its actually warm enough to install.

Yes,the order went through without the applied discount.I just received it all today. It was folded and rolled up to fit in a small box, the corners are flipped and delaminated from the backing paper, I hope they hold down come April when its actually warm enough to install.
Ok I'll get this resolved on Monday. Let me know if there are any issues with the adhesive once you take the pads out of the package.

Thanks, I'll let you know... This was the last part to having the whole boat seadek'd...

Awesome, we'd love to see pics when you're done.

I just bought the Bow accessory kit, and engine cover kit from you, As soon as the weather breaks and I get them on, I'd be happy to send pics.

I just bought the Bow accessory kit, and engine cover kit from you, As soon as the weather breaks and I get them on, I'd be happy to send pics.
Excellent, we love to see pics. They really help when we show others who are making their decision. We keep a full library of installed images.

Hey @JetBoatPilot, thanks for straightening this out for me. You and your team are straight up, I really appreciate it. Now, if this weather would break, I could actually get these pieces installed!!

Hey @JetBoatPilot, thanks for straightening this out for me. You and your team are straight up, I really appreciate it. Now, if this weather would break, I could actually get these pieces installed!!
Glad to help!

Curious about this. Is the discount still available? If so what is the code? What is the lead time if I bought a complete set now?

Curious about this. Is the discount still available? If so what is the code? What is the lead time if I bought a complete set now?
The discount ended on Monday but we'll be offering free shipping starting tomorrow. We'll do that for you. Lead times are about 2 weeks right now, but I anticipate those will be extended as we move toward the end of March. Everyone is going to bunch up at the end of the month like they always do and we'll have to extend lead times. Also material will be on a first come first serve basis and we won't be replenishing SeaDek stock moving forward.

We do plan to offer the same colors in the Marine Mat brand so it won't be much different from what we offer today in terms of color, but if you place both brands side by side not all are a dead on match.

What’s the difference between marine mat and sea deck?

What’s the difference between marine mat and sea deck?
At first I thought that SeaDek was superior, and over the years I've seen a tremendous amount of improvement in Marine Mat's quality.

Today, after meeting with Marine Mat's engineers I believe that Marine Mat is equal to SeaDek in terms of quality, and possibly even a touch better in regards to comfort and shrinkage.

Otherwise if I did not tell you one from the other you'd not be able to tell.

Sorry for so many questions but trying to make a decision. I see the marine mat makes a snap in optio . Do those fit the factory snap locations? How durable are they? I feel like they would tear. How tight fitting is it? Does stuff get undernit
Easily?

Sorry for so many questions but trying to make a decision. I see the marine mat makes a snap in optio . Do those fit the factory snap locations? How durable are they? I feel like they would tear. How tight fitting is it? Does stuff get undernit
Easily?
No problem, ask all the questions you like. This stuff can get pricey so you need to feel good about it.

As for the snap down pads I have some issues with snap down and don't really recommend it for end users. OEM's use it because they can offer a boat for sale without it and the customer can opt for it at point of sale.

Here's the 4 reasons we prefer the stick down vs the snap down.

1: Snap down pads can blow out while the boat is being towed down the road. This happens when someone snaps the pad down wrong and fails to check it before towing.
2: Snaps can corrode together and be nearly impossible to remove. Proper care and maintenance will prevent this but that's something else you need to remember to do and take the time to do. I know I don't have enough bandwidth left daily to think about waxing my snaps. lol
3: Snap down pads don't adhere to the floor so they're essentially a floating floor secured by snaps. When temperatures change the pad will expand or contract and this causes the pads to bunch up a bit when warmer and fit more snug when cool.
4: Snap down pads require cleaning underneath from time to time. This is one more thing that many users have desired to eliminate. We agree with this. If less cleanup is required, that translates into a better user experience.

Stick down pads don't require cleaning beneath and can be cleaned with most any cleaner and a stiff bristle brush. They don't ever blow out because they're adhered to the deck securely using a high end Acrylic Based PSA. They can be removed relatively easily using a process we've developed over the years (we have a video for that). No snaps means no worries about snaps corroding together. And because the pads are adhered in place they remain dimensionally stable in all temperatures.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions.

Back