• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SeaDek Inventory Levels & How This Impacts Your Future SeaDek Plans

I think one of the biggest factors in my choosing sea-deck vs. snap down, have you ever stepped bare foot on a bare snap :banghead::rage:??
I said " never again on this boat ! "

I think one of the biggest factors in my choosing sea-deck vs. snap down, have you ever stepped bare foot on a bare snap :banghead::rage:??
I said " never again on this boat ! "
Me too. That was one of the major reasons I got into the business in the first place.

Are you going to offer Marine Mat with the OEM snaps?

Are you going to offer Marine Mat with the OEM snaps?
At this time we are not. There's just too many issues with them for us to recommend. OEM's love them because they can sell them as optional equipment and boat owners can make a choice during the buying process.

But what we've learned over the years is that the stick down better serves the user.

At this time we are not. There's just too many issues with them for us to recommend. OEM's love them because they can sell them as optional equipment and boat owners can make a choice during the buying process.

But what we've learned over the years is that the stick down better serves the user.
Ok...well I will only ne ordering the extra pieces for the anchor locker, engine step-over etc. If I ever need to replace my current snap-ins, I have a decision to make. Thanks Will.

My OEMs are marine mat and honestly I can't tell a difference other than they are snap in. I don't have any issues. I like the fact that when doing oil change I can just take it off and not worry about stains. My full optimal seadek kit from JBP has been fantastic and I would not have it any other way. I'm sure the new marine mats will do just fine as well.

Ok...well I will only ne ordering the extra pieces for the anchor locker, engine step-over etc. If I ever need to replace my current snap-ins, I have a decision to make. Thanks Will.
Ok and we could change our position in the future but that is where we have stood for a long time and are likely to remain that way unless some other benefit is discovered that offsets the negatives that we've observed.

I'm about ready to install Seadek I bought last year, but your comment about colors not being an exact match has me a bit concerned. How will you handle that in the event of a warranty replacement for a piece, as an end user it would be quite unacceptable for a warranty replacement to not match an adjacent piece.

So @JetBoatPilot this means even when or if seadeck is available again you will no longer be selling it.

I'm about ready to install Seadek I bought last year, but your comment about colors not being an exact match has me a bit concerned. How will you handle that in the event of a warranty replacement for a piece, as an end user it would be quite unacceptable for a warranty replacement to not match an adjacent piece.
We kept an open door to order sheet material on a case by case basis. As one of SeaDek's larger accounts you can imagine they were not happy that we chose another supplier but they understood given they could not produce material in a timely fashion. With that said, any pads that are damaged or need warranty replacement will be
So @JetBoatPilot this means even when or if seadeck is available again you will no longer be selling it.
We will never say never but our plan is to offer one brand so we make it easier for our customers to make a decision when purchasing on the website. When you give too many options it makes things confusing and many simply do not order because they're confused. Or they'll call and order and we don't have the staff to handle all web orders by phone.

So if you order SeaDek today we'll still honor the warranty as always. But if you wait till April 1 or later the SeaDek material will be replaced with Marine Mat material. No one would know if we did not specifically point it out (once installed). We're just trying to be really transparent.

So individual replacement seadeck pieces won't be offered in the future? That's really shitty considering the cost to redo an entire install.
That's why we're offering SeaDek now for 30 days so people that want to get the optional pads to match have the time to do so. We did not want to do this. We were happy with SeaDek. But SeaDek could not deliver and we were faced with losing nearly a whole season which we simply could not do. I know this is not ideal but we're doing the best we know to do.

No problem, ask all the questions you like. This stuff can get pricey so you need to feel good about it.

As for the snap down pads I have some issues with snap down and don't really recommend it for end users. OEM's use it because they can offer a boat for sale without it and the customer can opt for it at point of sale.

Here's the 4 reasons we prefer the stick down vs the snap down.

1: Snap down pads can blow out while the boat is being towed down the road. This happens when someone snaps the pad down wrong and fails to check it before towing.
2: Snaps can corrode together and be nearly impossible to remove. Proper care and maintenance will prevent this but that's something else you need to remember to do and take the time to do. I know I don't have enough bandwidth left daily to think about waxing my snaps. lol
3: Snap down pads don't adhere to the floor so they're essentially a floating floor secured by snaps. When temperatures change the pad will expand or contract and this causes the pads to bunch up a bit when warmer and fit more snug when cool.
4: Snap down pads require cleaning underneath from time to time. This is one more thing that many users have desired to eliminate. We agree with this. If less cleanup is required, that translates into a better user experience.

Stick down pads don't require cleaning beneath and can be cleaned with most any cleaner and a stiff bristle brush. They don't ever blow out because they're adhered to the deck securely using a high end Acrylic Based PSA. They can be removed relatively easily using a process we've developed over the years (we have a video for that). No snaps means no worries about snaps corroding together. And because the pads are adhered in place they remain dimensionally stable in all temperatures.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions.
Thanks for all the information. I’ll have an order coming your way pretty soon.

After April 1st if there are any kits left remaining in stock will they be listed on the clearance section? I was holding out for the next group buy to order a set but already have the swim platform done in seadeck so was hoping to get the cockpit kits to match. I have an 05 sx230. Given the year not sure how popular they are or if any would be still available after April 1st.

After April 1st if there are any kits left remaining in stock will they be listed on the clearance section? I was holding out for the next group buy to order a set but already have the swim platform done in seadeck so was hoping to get the cockpit kits to match. I have an 05 sx230. Given the year not sure how popular they are or if any would be still available after April 1st.
No, we'll likely hold them for the group buy and the fall clearance event if they don't sell during the group buy.

No, we'll likely hold them for the group buy and the fall clearance event if they don't sell during the group buy.
Do you expect to do the fall group buy with Marine Mat now? I was looking forward to this one since I bought my boat end of last year. Would be very disappointed if there is no group buy this year.
What about price difference between Seadeck and Marine Mat?
Thanks

Do you expect to do the fall group buy with Marine Mat now? I was looking forward to this one since I bought my boat end of last year. Would be very disappointed if there is no group buy this year.
What about price difference between Seadeck and Marine Mat?
Thanks
We'll be hosting the same group buy as previous years and the only thing that will be different will be the sheet material we cut pads from.

SeaDek and Marine Mat are essentially the same with some subtle differences. I once believed that Marine Mat as inferior, and maybe 5 years ago that was true. But today, from my observation and based on the fact that Yamaha and Scarab both selected Marine Mat as their primary non skid supplier, I believe that Marine Mat is at worst equal to SeaDek. At best maybe a bit better.

I did see an example of a shrink test performed on SeaDek and Marine Mat and the Marine Mat shrunk less and was more dimensionally stable over time. I think you can't go wrong either way. It really comes down to who you buy from. The service after the sale is what's most important in this comparison. We believe we offer great service after the sale so you'll be satisfied with your purchase either way.

UPDATE March 10, 2022

As of this moment we have the following forecasts for SeaDek in stock colors.

Storm Gray Over Black (Yamaha OEM color match 2015-2016) 4 Sheets Left... Practically Gone
Smoke Gray Over Black (Yamaha OEM color match 2017-2019) 6 Days Worth Of Inventory
Titanium Gray Over Black (Yamaha & Scarab OEM color match 2020) 10 Days Worth Of Inventory
Titanium Gray Over Black Laser Textured (Yamaha OEM color match 2021-2022) 45 Days Worth Of Inventory
Mocha Over Black (Traditional Oiled Teak Wood Look) 28 Days Worth Of Inventory
Terra Over Black (Best color match for most 232 and 242 models with neutral interior color schemes) 52 Days Worth Of Inventory

Inventory levels listed are based on sales through today. I would not bank on these numbers being 100% accurate. When news of this sort comes out it tends to cause people to rush to place their order. So if I were you I would order now if you want to color match any existing SeaDek on your boat in the Storm Gray or Smoke gray color scheme.

I want to also emphasize this. Once material is sold out we cannot get more SeaDek. We will do our best to color match your current mats with Marine Mat and will be successful in most cases. Please understand we're doing the best we can with a tough situation and we'll do everything in our power to help you get what you need in the upcoming months.

Watch this video Video Update for more details and if you have questions please message us and we'll be happy to help you!

Last edited:
Back