• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seadek vs Hydroturf

All Seas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am looking to replace the carpet on my ar240 with one of these two options. I was able to find a complete kit for $400 vs the seadek's $1,200. Is the seadek really worth 3 times the price?

I boat in Texas so we have high heat to deal with but the boat is stored in a covered slip with a yamaha cover on it. I just do not want to be replacing all these mats every 2 years.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wait until September if you're wanting SeaDek as that is when @JetBoatPilot does his annual group buy and you save big $$$ (30%).

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am looking to replace the carpet on my ar240 with one of these two options. I was able to find a complete kit for $400 vs the seadek's $1,200. Is the seadek really worth 3 times the price?

I boat in Texas so we have high heat to deal with but the boat is stored in a covered slip with a yamaha cover on it. I just do not want to be replacing all these mats every 2 years.
There is just no comparison as far as quality. SeaDek offers absolutely best quality.
And "professional" results are achievable for DIY installs.
With great color/pattern choices and extra pieces - SeaDek is totally worth it.
There may be a sale 30% off run by @JetBoatPilot in September?

--

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hydroturf Is not terrible though. At a third of the price it merits consideration.

But, SeaDek is pretty awesome. What's $800 to you in the grand scheme of things?

Therein lies the answer.

Where did you see a full set of hydroturf?? SBT had their own version and it's not quite the Branded hydroturf.

Best of luck with your decision.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yep, group buy scheduled for Sept.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@All Seas we sell both Hydro-Turf and SeaDek. We have found that the Hydro-Turf begins to turn to powder on the surface after about 2-3 years. The problem is that its permanently mounted and getting it off is not an easy chore. SeaDek is going to last you well beyond 7 years if you keep it covered when not in use. If you're going to keep the boat long term then I'd recommend you towards the SeaDek. If you're going to sell the boat in a year or two then the Hydro-Turf could be a possibility for you.

Also the same is true for other "Value" brands of EVA foam flooring. We've tested the major players and have found that they just don't hold up nearly as long. Plus with the backing of JetBoatPilot and SeaDek no other company compares to the service after the sale. Just remember, you get what you pay for. That saying is especially true with this type of product.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hydroturf Is not terrible though. At a third of the price it merits consideration.

But, SeaDek is pretty awesome. What's $800 to you in the grand scheme of things?

Therein lies the answer.

Where did you see a full set of hydroturf?? SBT had their own version and it's not quite the Branded hydroturf.

Best of luck with your decision.
I agree, especially depending on use. If used for fishing and general boating - who cares. But if it is a "no shoes" always clean interior - I would put my money in SeaDek before almost anything else. Especially given the availability of whole sets WITH EXTRA PIECES already tailored from JBP. $1k is a GREAT deal/value for that, no question about it.

Those September batches are basically made by JBP to order, so not sitting in some warehouse or dealer shelf, deforming and drying out - which makes a DIY install possible with (better than) factory quality.

--

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What product is used in the new 212x?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What product is used in the new 212x?
If it's the snap-in, it is SeaMat, I think? Similar to SeaDek, from what I know.
Not sure if it is the same quality.

--

All Seas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You are correct in that it is not hydro turf but blacktip from another vendor. It seems they have a bare bones full kit for 400 and a teak seadek look version for 700.

I found this and looks pretty close to seadek:

30% sounds great but do not want to wait until November to install it. We just got the boat and were hoping to have the flooring done for a Labor Day party

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If it's the snap-in, it is SeaMat, I think? Similar to SeaDek, from what I know.
Not sure if it is the same quality.

--
Yes, mine is the snap in. Anybody have an opinion on SeaMat quality vs Seadek?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, mine is the snap in. Anybody have an opinion on SeaMat quality vs Seadek?
Sorry, I was corrected - it is Marine Mat vs SeaDek.
SeaDek as a glue-in is very very hard to beat, but it ultimately is a personal choice, Marine Mat snap-in vs SeaDek glued in.
I believe the SeaDek is considered a little thicker/maybe better quality, comes in brushed finish with teak etc. Really hard to beat. The snap-in will always allow some moisture under, but it can be removed if you want to go do some serious fishing, which could be a big plus.

--

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This year we predict that we will be able to fill orders during the group by in the month of September. We doubled our production equipment this year and are now cutting orders same-day or next-day.

W3bexec

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just a question about SeaDek color matching if anyone knows. I have a 2018 with something that looks like gray SeaDek(?) on the swim deck and gray snap carpets in in the cockpit. Is there a cockpit kit that color matches what is on the swim deck? The carpet isn't really that bad so I am on fence.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We stock that material. It's called Smoke Gray over Black.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I got to chime in about Seadeck and @JetBoatPilot, 2 weeks ago i email them about BUYING 2 of my pieces that became damage, they asked me to send pictures, i wondered why since im asking about paying for it. Sent the pictures and they forward it to seadeck i believe. a week later i received and email that they will be replacing those 2 pieces and send me also the floor locker piece, 2 days ago i got a tracking number, i never asked for them to replace it i ask if they sold them separate so that i can buy it myself. They stand behind their product and that speak volumes, yes a bit more pricey but for outstanding customer service, i will stick with @JetBoatPilot .

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After several years I am still very very happy I spent the money on Seadek. The hydro turf was terrible after a few years as you would track the dust into the boat and on the seats every time you stepped in. The carpet was so smelly no matter how often I washed. The Seadek has looked awesome and been very low maintenance with an occasional brush scrub of simple green to erase everything from dropped strawberries, a rogue drop of oil from the annual change, or my father in law trying to agitate me by smearing a handful of Georgia red clay all over the swim platform. Lake water and a few seconds of scrubbing with only my hand foiled his prank. Lastly I must mention the great customer support of @JetBoatPilot also as it is a very real part of the overall value.

All Seas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I say we start the group but now!

If everyone knows they can get 30% off in a few weeks there is not reason anyone will purchase it beforehand at full price.

I think I am going to give the blacktip mats a shot. My boat is covered and stored in the shade when not in use plus I only plan on keeping it 2-3 years. Last benefit would be that I can get them now and have the floor look good for when family comes to visit in a few weeks.