• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SeaStar / Teleflex Steering Systems and Cables

Pewaukee Dave

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for all the advice here. I just ordered (2) new steering cables and the (2) throttle cables.

It's the end of the boating season here but after 12 years these cables have gotten a little stiff. I'm looking forward to next season and feeling the improvement.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for all the advice here. I just ordered (2) new steering cables and the (2) throttle cables.

It's the end of the boating season here but after 12 years these cables have gotten a little stiff. I'm looking forward to next season and feeling the improvement.
Did you mean throttle cables or shifter cables? The shifter cables operate the buckets get wet and can rust and get stiff. The throttle cables terminate in the engine compartment and should never have a problem.

Pewaukee Dave

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you mean throttle cables or shifter cables? The shifter cables operate the buckets get wet and can rust and get stiff. The throttle cables terminate in the engine compartment and should never have a problem.
Oops. I meant shifter cables. They are referred to as Control Cables so I assume they are the shifter cables.

Last edited:

Saltydog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did it turn out to be the throttle cables, or the tensioner? Or was it the shifting cables and buckets? My hand is soar after a day of boating and I think I need to adjust my shift cables. 1st wanted to find out what you did to remedy yours?

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It looks like that's it I called Marine parts source a dealer for Sea star they don't seem to have info to sell it the parent company Dometic has some type of computer issue and is back logged with orders from covid shut down . It lists Yamaha and jet boat but no vendors seem to sell it . The search continues to cut out the Yamaha mark up

Friday, May 29, 2020 (2).jpg

Friday, May 29, 2020.jpg

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone have an idea of what the 2020 242SE reverse cables are? Are they just regular seastar ccx633? Any guess on length since they go past the binnacles to the steering control. They’re also red and not black like regular seastar cables.