• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seat sun damage?

Jimmycha

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2012 242 limited. I don’t know what is causing this. Boat is always covered and protected with uv spray. I sprayed some mildew cleaner and it helped a little. Is it sun damage or something else and can it be repaired. Picture is before cleaner. Oh just started this year. Only thing that has changed is we bought a new premium black cover for it.

Attachments

• BDAAFC2B-15C7-4F58-B45A-0EC4CBF1AF59.jpeg
    BDAAFC2B-15C7-4F58-B45A-0EC4CBF1AF59.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 26
I have this same boat and have the same problem. There was a thread about this some years ago. I think the consensus was it’s coming from the cover. I’ve not been able to get my discoloring to go away, but it hasn’t spread. I think (hope) what you have is all you’ll have.

Heat, sun, and time. The 2007-2009 gray was notorious for this. Some people had it others not.

Back