• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Security Camera DVR systems

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
No complaints with my Swann 1080p system.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just wanted to update this topic since I finished installing my camera/NVR system.

In the end I went with a 8 channel Amcrest PoE system (NV4108E-HS). I have 6 PoE cameras (5 bullet and 1 dome), and 1 wireless PTZ setup to view just about everything around the house. I was lucky enough to be able to run Cat6 cable to the spots that I wanted to have cameras without much trouble so I was able to avoid doing all wireless cameras. The cameras/NVR all work seamless and really had no issues setting things up. I did have some trouble terminating some of the Cat6, but that's on me, not the camera system. :D I paired it with a 4 TB drive which gets me about 10 days of recordings (24/7 recording) from all the cameras.

Overall I'm pretty impressed with the Amcrest system, it's pretty simple/easy to use but offers a lot of customization if you want to drill down and do some pretty specific and technical things. Video quality has been really good even looking thru the mobile app. Searching the recordings is easy, I did have to change some of the initial settings to reduce false alarms with the motion detection as every bug flying around at night would trigger that, so that makes it easier to narrow down where/when there is motion. I have not had a chance to dig into the alarm/notification settings yet, there is a lot of options around that.

I will say their software is a bit clunky to navigate and find what you want to do with it, so that does take some getting use to. On other downside that I have found is it doesn't play nice with some of the smart home systems out there (like Samsung's Smartthings), I think some of it's possible but not without a lot of setup/tweaking. I knew this going in, so that didn't stop me from going with this system.

Hope this helps others if you are looking to set something like this up, happy to discuss it more too if anyone has questions.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just wanted to update this topic since I finished installing my camera/NVR system.

In the end I went with a 8 channel Amcrest PoE system (NV4108E-HS). I have 6 PoE cameras (5 bullet and 1 dome), and 1 wireless PTZ setup to view just about everything around the house. I was lucky enough to be able to run Cat6 cable to the spots that I wanted to have cameras without much trouble so I was able to avoid doing all wireless cameras. The cameras/NVR all work seamless and really had no issues setting things up. I did have some trouble terminating some of the Cat6, but that's on me, not the camera system. :D I paired it with a 4 TB drive which gets me about 10 days of recordings (24/7 recording) from all the cameras.

Overall I'm pretty impressed with the Amcrest system, it's pretty simple/easy to use but offers a lot of customization if you want to drill down and do some pretty specific and technical things. Video quality has been really good even looking thru the mobile app. Searching the recordings is easy, I did have to change some of the initial settings to reduce false alarms with the motion detection as every bug flying around at night would trigger that, so that makes it easier to narrow down where/when there is motion. I have not had a chance to dig into the alarm/notification settings yet, there is a lot of options around that.

I will say their software is a bit clunky to navigate and find what you want to do with it, so that does take some getting use to. On other downside that I have found is it doesn't play nice with some of the smart home systems out there (like Samsung's Smartthings), I think some of it's possible but not without a lot of setup/tweaking. I knew this going in, so that didn't stop me from going with this system.

Hope this helps others if you are looking to set something like this up, happy to discuss it more too if anyone has questions.
Nice update. . . . Glad it worked out. As an update to what I posted here, I found out recently that CRC Solutions is no longer in business. However, my 2TB analog system is still alive and kicking. I do have to troubleshoot a minor night vision issue on one of the cameras that I believe to be a bad ground (possible install issue). But besides that pretty happy with the system 6+ yrs after install.

Last edited: