• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seeking help for Blue Sea add a battery kit (SX190)

Theryan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi all,

I've done quite a bit of searching, including on here, and can't totally find a concrete answer on this one, and I'm hoping that you might be able to help.

I want to add a house battery with the Blue Sea add a battery kit (Amazon.com : Blue Sea Systems 7650 Add-A-Battery Kit : Automotive Battery Products : Gateway ) to my SX190 (battery is a 24DC Group Size), but I'm a bit confused on the proper way to do it.

I would ideally like to do it correctly the first time, but don't want to go overboard on spending money on stuff that isn't actually necessary, if that makes sense.

From what I can gather, I would essentially follow the connection diagram that is on the package:

Negative to negative on the batteries.
Two positive leads from each battery - one lead goes to the post on the ACR, and one lead goes to a post on the battery switch.
Then, there are two positive leads from the switch itself - one going to the panel, and one going to the motor for starting.

First off, before going any further, is that correct?

If so, my next question is regarding the proper way to do this. I'm assuming that adding fuses between the positives from the batteries to the ACR is necessary (correct?), but not sure which route to go for the fuses.

Then, I have seen people on here using busbars; are these neccesary? How do you use these correctly?

If you have a single engine boat like the 190, how would you ultimately hook one of these up so that it's cost effective, but also done properly? Am I missing any additional pieces of equipment that I should have?

Bonus question - I also need to get a battery charger/tender. I'm assuming that even with this system I should get a dual bank charger, but will that cause any issues with this ACR/battery switch?

Thanks in advance for all of the help and advice. You guys have made the first time boat ownership much easier than it could have been, and I appreciate it.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I bought the yamaha dual battery kit and followed their instructions to a "T" part number: SBT-DUALB-AT-08