• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Selling a Boat, Questions...

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for all the ideas folks. Biggest challenge is not a bank nearby both of us or the boat, but I think we will work it all out.

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m just messing with you Jeb! As I typed that sentence, I had an image of you looking over your shades at me with a sly grin and uttering that line acting like you were almost serious... so I just thought I'd give you a shout out! FOR THE RECORD, I would shake Jeb's hand over any deal and not lose a wink of sleep, but I would also demand payment in the form of a lifetime supply of his famous jerky.

And Jeb, as far as selling the boat goes, don't even get me started. :(
Ha Ha Ha Jokes on you Brian. I am a Nigerian Prince with a paypal account! Same here I would shake your hand over any deal also and not worry anything about a sting. But the jerkey will be extra, or at least 1/2 price. If i could i would buy that boat.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just to close the loop this topic, we test drove and agreed on a price then signed a bill of sale (form off the internet with specifics.) Buyer and I both talked with his bank over the next day or two and set up a wire transfer to my bank. I sent the title and bill of sale copy to his bank, they wired the funds to my bank the same day, and we met about halfway to deliver the boat a couple days later.

The whole process took less than 7 days and protected everyone, even though after meeting the buyer I had zero reservations. It did require two trips to get it done, but it worked well. Hope this helps someone else selling boat in future.

Special thanks to @JohnnieDewers for being patient and more than willing to work this sale out.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@JohnnieDewers We are expecting you to introduce yourself with pictures of your smiling family next to the boat.:)

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@jawsf16 Im sorry to hear that you sold your boat, You are always welcome for a shuttle or a ride my friend. Hope to see you and yours out sometime. stay in touch................!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@jawsf16 Same here! Ya'll are always welcome to come out with us at anytime.

JohnnieDewers

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys this whole deal worked out great i met @jawsf16 on Texoma on Monday and after setting foot on the boat i knew the test drive was a formality. I’d looked over this forum and read some old post about this boat and it’s upgrades as well as seeing how active @jawsf16 was on this site it pretty much sealed the deal so thanks to all of you for the great advice and a big thanks to Bryan for giving the most informative boat ride anyone has ever been on. Look forward to being apart of the forum and hopefully my family and i can hang with some of the Oklahoma/Texas members in the near future.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hey guys this whole deal worked out great i met @jawsf16 on Texoma on Monday and after setting foot on the boat i knew the test drive was a formality. I’d looked over this forum and read some old post about this boat and it’s upgrades as well as seeing how active @jawsf16 was on this site it pretty much sealed the deal so thanks to all of you for the great advice and a big thanks to Bryan for giving the most informative boat ride anyone has ever been on. Look forward to being apart of the forum and hopefully my family and i can hang with some of the Oklahoma/Texas members in the near future.
Welcome and...

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad it's all working out. Welcome to the boards!

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@JohnnieDewers welcome, you have a very nice boat. check out the gathering on texoma on july 27th and come out and get to know some members.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JohnnieDewers glad to have you on board, make sure to check out the FAQ at the top of the page and update your profile with your location and it will show it next to your name for future posts,