• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Service engine flashing

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I hit the 24 hour mark on my Glastron gts207 and the service light came on. Is this just part of the break in period? The Boat is running awesome but the message just flashes across the screen. If this is nothing to worry about anybody know how to clear it?

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I only put around 15hrs on it last season and it was towards the end of the season so I just had the oil changed and everything lubed before it was put away for winter.

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Rotax engine Maintenance counter is currently set @ 25hrs for 1st service.
So if counter has not been reset when you did the end of season last fall, then this is why the message would be displayed.

jgiovino

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I hit the 24 hour mark on my Glastron gts207 and the service light came on.
I have a problem 2014 GTS207 and my gauge cluster reads "CHECK ENGINE" do you actually have a service light. I am desperately trying to grasp for any additional information.
If yours reads "CHECK ENGINE" how many times does it flash?
Do you have an ear piercing tone every tone you turn the key to on?

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Mine reads service engine and it reads across the screen solid until I hit one of the buttons and it clears for a few minutes then comes back on. An yes Everytime I turn my boat on it has a loud beep then goes away. That part is normal on these boats. How many hrs are you at?

Jmod86

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I hit the 24 hour mark on my Glastron gts207 and the service light came on. Is this just part of the break in period? The Boat is running awesome but the message just flashes across the screen. If this is nothing to worry about anybody know how to clear it?
The rotax owners manual says you need to take it in for a "Mandatory" 24 hr inspection. There is a page the dealer/Mechanic has to sign off on. I bet if any warranty repairs are needed they'll be asking to see the signature before they cover anything.

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
QUOTE="Jmod86, post: 178269, member: 5075"]The rotax owners manual says you need to take it in for a "Mandatory" 24 hr inspection. There is a page the dealer/Mechanic has to sign off on. I bet if any warranty repairs are needed they'll be asking to see the signature before they cover anything.[/QUOTE]
My dealer called me today and said they did all the oil changes and all the maintenance before winterization but forgot to reset the maintenance reminder in the computer. Told me not to worry as it is a 2 hour drive for me for a 5 minute process of resetting it.

Captain Joe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Same problem with my 2017 Glastron GTS 207. Got a group of friends expecting a lake trip this weekend. Haven’t been able to get to the dealer. Boat seems to be running fine. Figure it’s safe to make a trip before getting the service engine light taken off. Any thoughts or suggestion?

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
If it's the 24 hour service, you'll be fine but it will beep a lot....

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
If it's only the Maintenance Required warning, that's like your oil change reminder on your car, you can still drive it like you stole it. Just do the maintenance (Oil filter & check) when you have a chance. Now on newer model it is set at 50hrs for 1st maintenance

pjames

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Hi, new to this forum. I read the items that imply can't reset the required maintenance or maintenance required light without going to dealer that takes 5 minutes. Dealer charging up to $129 in my area??!! I changed oil, filter, plugs myself and works great but the engine light comes on...isn't there a way, me, owner can reset like an auto oil change light? Please help as I feel system is beating up on little guys that just want to go boating and enjoy.

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Hi, new to this forum. I read the items that imply can't reset the required maintenance or maintenance required light without going to dealer that takes 5 minutes. Dealer charging up to $129 in my area??!! I changed oil, filter, plugs myself and works great but the engine light comes on...isn't there a way, me, owner can reset like an auto oil change light? Please help as I feel system is beating up on little guys that just want to go boating and enjoy.
unfortunately, i don't think there is an easy way. if i remember the computer you need to do this is a lot more expensive.