• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shelbyville Illinois, July 31th to August 2nd 2015

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So here we are again. It's cold outside. Some snow on the ground. Darkness sets much too early each day. There are no leaves on the trees. The grass is brown. Neighbors are in hibernation. The neighborhood streets are vacant except the occasional comings and goings.

While the previously discussed is extremely sad and depressing, there is a bright side..............We get to talk about and plan the Annual Gathering! So here we go!

Midwest Boaters and All forum members, please join us at Lake Shelbyville, IL (www.lakeshelbyville.com) for the 8th Annual Midwest Boaters Gathering! The official dates are Friday, July 31th to Sunday August 2nd, 2015. However, most people choose to come early and some even leave late. Last year, @Julian was our earliest arrival, arriving on Tuesday from North Carolina. Most of the St. Louis group stayed through Monday. We even had a surprise when @Scottintexas arrived with his daughters. It is amazing that this little weekend get together in 2008 with 4 boats has grown to such a wonderful event (last year 26 boats, 110 people).

In the past, most of the participants have stayed at Lithia Resort ( http://www.lithiaresort.com/ ) which is 1/4 mile from a public launch and the Lithia Springs Marina (http://www.lithiamarina.com/ ), where you can rent a slip for the weekend. Below are the participants that have already commited to the trip and the ones that are tentative. Let us know by responding to this post, if you are planning on attending. We will keep this first post updated with each persons details:

Below is the list of confirmed and booked attendees that I can gather from posts. I am sure more have booked, so please let me know:

1. @OperationROL.....2015 242 LS Grey.........Lithia Main Cabin.....Wednesday - Sunday
2. @JCampbell.............2007 AR230 Orange.....Lithia Main Cabin....Wednesday - Sunday
3. @007.......................2015 Tige Z3 Orange.....Lithia Main Cabin....Wednesday - Sunday
4. @jcyamaharider.....2008 AR230 Orange...Lithia Motel #5..........Thursday - Monday
5. @mattschepker.......2011 SX210 Blue.........Lithia Motel #9.............Thursday - Sunday
6. @Steve & Heidi......2011 242L Blue.............Lithia Blue Spruce Log Cabin #3.........Wednesday - Sunday
7. @sstegh.................2014 Limited S Red...........Lithia Motel #7...........Wednesday - Monday
8. @jaybro72...............2013 SX190 Blue..........Lithia Motel ??? - cancelled
9. @Boat Crazy..............2010 AR240 Red..........Lithia Motel #12...........Thursday - Sunday
10. @sx210owner/wife...2008 SX210 Blue........Lithia Motel #8..........Thursday - Monday
11. @BAC.94...................2011 Limited S Black....Lithia Lincoln Log #6..........Wednesday - Sunday - cancelled
12. @Justin G................2013 SX230........ Lithia Motel #11...........Thursday - Sunday
13. @pumps and hose...2013 SX210..........Lincoln Log #5..........Thursday - Sunday
14. @Impelled.............2006 SX230 Red...........Lithia Motel #10........Thursday - Sunday
15. @Sheboat................2007 SX230 Tan...........Lithia Motel #1 .............Thursday - Sunday
16. @RampRage...........2011 SX210 Blue...........Lithia Duck Cabin...........Thursday - Sunday
17. @RxH2O ........Chap Sunesta 262 Black...Lithia Motel #3.........Wednesday - Sunday
18. @RiverRat..........2014 AR192 Blue..........Lithia Offsite Cabin........Thursday - Sunday
19. @Wake08...............2011 MCraft X25 Blue....Gregory's Motel..........Wednesday - Sunday
20. @MutherTucker......2004 AR230 Black........Her own House........Everyday!
21. @trace...................2015 Tige Z1 Blue.............Lithia Motel #4............Monday - Sunday
22. @bobbie ..................2014 212X ?????.............Lithia Motel #6.............Thursday - Sunday
23. @Speedling.............2008 212SS Red..........Lithia Springs Campground #116............Thursday - Sunday
24. @scot71.............2004 SX230 Blue..........Lithia Springs Campground #100............Friday - Sunday
25. @JC6275.................2001 LS2000...............Lithia Offsite Cabin #4..................Thursday - Sunday
26. @Nathan Bryant....2012 AR240 Red..........Deer Cabin............Thursday - Sunday
27. @buckbuck.............2008 212x Black........... Cedar Cabin.......Wednesday - Sunday
28. @ZIRB3L....2003 Super Air Nautique 210.......... Campground.........Friday - Sunday
29. Craig V.(Friend of Speedling)...?? Tige White..............Campground...............Friday - Sunday
30. @Aaron Stammet.......2011 AR210 Black..............Lithia Lincoln Log #6..........Thursday - Sunday
31. Nate Bavolek (Friend of MutherTucker)..2015 Tige white w/ black....Bed & Breakfast........Friday - Sunday
32. @GTBRMC .......2008 SX230 ...........................Lithia Offsite Cabin #3......................Friday - Sunday
33. Bill W (Brother of Sheboat).................????????????....................Lithia Motel #2..............Thursday - Sunday
34. @mariahz302 ..... 2000 Mariah Z302 White.......Campground #48 ...............Thursday - Sunday
35. Lee M. (Friend of MutherTucker)...2014 SX210......................Own House..................?????????
36. @Bruce Thurs - ? 2007 SX230

Last edited by a moderator:

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Is my friend 007 working on a promotional video?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You know it is a good event when people make reservations almost a year in advance. From the group that put it together to the people that come, it is by far the best event of the year!!

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I will be calling and leaving a message to try and reserve a Lithia Cabin tomorrow! Do i need to call the marina way ahead of time and reserve a slip? or do I need a slip? Is it a pain/long wait to launch on the weekend there?

P.S. I'm super excited to meet my internet friends!

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just want to remind everyone that they do need to book Lithia early.
I will be calling and leaving a message to try and reserve a Lithia Cabin tomorrow! Do i need to call the marina way ahead of time and reserve a slip? or do I need a slip? Is it a pain/long wait to launch on the weekend there?

P.S. I'm super excited to meet my internet friends!
You usually cannot reserve a slip until March 1, 2015. On that day, make sure you call within the first couple hours. However, now that they are so use to us, they usually make sure we all get slips even if we have to be paired up in a houseboat slip. It is not a huge hassle to launch and retrieve everyday, but it sure is convenient for the boat to already be on the water. Anyhow, I look forward to meeting up with you!

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As it stands right now we will be bringing both of our boys. We will be arriving Thursday and leaving on Sunday. I'm also looking into adding a day either Wednesday or Monday.

Looking forward to seeing the video

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

BAC.94

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We are booked for LL cabin #6 again. Will be arriving on Wednesday and departing on Sunday.

Justin G.

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Called today to make reservations for Thursday, Friday and Saturday night at Lithia. They put us in #11. Can't wait for the trip. Still debating if the wife and I will bring our two sons (ages 2 and 3) along for the trip or enjoy adult time. This gives us something to look forward to all winter long.

BAC.94

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If anyone is interested in playing a round of golf during the gathering, please let me know.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If anyone is interested in playing a round of golf during the gathering, please let me know.
Where is the course at? I can loose golf balls just as good as anyone...lol

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

BAC.94

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No worries on the skill level, it's just for fun! I was thinking about trying to play Friday morning. I will check some local courses/ rates and post on here once I know more.

pumps and hose

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Called today to make reservations for Thursday, Friday and Saturday night at Lithia. They put us in #11. Can't wait for the trip. Still debating if the wife and I will bring our two sons (ages 2 and 3) along for the trip or enjoy adult time. This gives us something to look forward to all winter long.
We will have Max with us,(2.5). He did great on the water and all but didn't sleep well away from home. Well also have Mia who is 7.5. tons of other kids to play with too.