• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shell Island Panama City Beach - New Rules

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Recently Tyndall AFB tried to gain control of the locals party spot on the backside of the island by saying they could shut it down any time they wanted because of it's close proximity to the base. The locals jumped on it and got that shut down.

Now, local lawmakers are trying to make most of the island a bird sanctuary which will limit how long people can be on the island.

Also, they are saying since the island is a state park, no alcohol has ever been allowed on the island and they want to expand it including 150ft from shore.....NOT going to happen. Locals are losing their minds.

@Wayloncle - Did you start this after you booze altercation?? LOL I see your strategy, propose rules and get outta town. I'm on to you.

http://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/...d-Regulations-for-Shell-Island-322894411.html

Recently Tyndall AFB tried to gain control of the locals party spot on the backside of the island by saying they could shut it down any time they wanted because of it's close proximity to the base. The locals jumped on it and got that shut down.

Now, local lawmakers are trying to make most of the island a bird sanctuary which will limit how long people can be on the island.

Also, they are saying since the island is a state park, no alcohol has ever been allowed on the island and they want to expand it including 150ft from shore.....NOT going to happen. Locals are losing their minds.

@Wayloncle - Did you start this after you booze altercation?? LOL I see your strategy, propose rules and get outta town. I'm on to you.

http://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/...d-Regulations-for-Shell-Island-322894411.html
Haha!

If you are on FB look at 'friends of Shell Island', I made some people mad on that site....I told them to take their foil hats off for a minute...

From my understanding, the area around Spanish Antey, where most people anchored and where I met you that day, isn't part of the state park is it? I thought that section was the part between the State Park and Tyndall property that is privately owned.
Regardless, I'm pretty sure neither one will succesfully ban alcohol off the shore.

I read a lot about the "Tyndall wants to keep everyone 150 or 500 feet from their property" plans. People saw that and acted like it was going to be constant, but it was only a plan that would go into effect if there was an imminent threat against the base...if the plan went into effect you wouldn't want to be near the base anyway. All bases have a plan like that on file.

That island brings a LOT of $$$$ to the area, animal activists and such need to leave it alone...The birds will find somewhere else to land if there are too many people in those few acres of island. I learned a lot about those bird and turtle people when I worked in Cape San Blas, they make their reports meet their agenda.
For example, they were trying to ban people driving on the beach down there, so they went out to do some "research" they drove their truck out on the beach and got a square tip shovel and dug a trench with sharp sides and much deeper than a vehicle makes, to see if baby turtles could crawl through "tire tracks". Instead of just using their own truck's tracks.

Back