• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shift Control problem

nelsontdi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My approx 2006 Tango extreme has an aluminum colored pull out button on the shifter (not the cut off lanyard switch) Recently, I can not put the boat in gear with out pulling this button out manually each time. Any ideas on how to fix or what I'm doing wrong?

nelsontdi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the information. Yup that's it. I need to pull it out to shift into forward or reverse. maybe an adjustment? Any ideas. I looked at the manual (thanks for that) but cant figure out what exactly to do.

Chuck Buck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Two things I would suggest:
1) My control was very stiff and binding when I purchased the boat 3 years ago. I lubed the heck out of it with Boeshield T-9, especially where the handle shaft goes into the control. Then I unscrewed the assembly from the hull and did the backside too. This helped tremendously.
2) Adjust the throttle and shift cables according to the installation manual. http://www.motooff.ru/assets/files/doc/Mercury/MERCURY__175XR2_JetDrive_Instruktsiya_po_ustanovke_motora.pdf
That's all I got.

dj224

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme
Boat Length
Hello, new to the Forum excited to be a member, Wondering if anyone knows the correct Throttle and Shift cable orientation on a 2003 Sugar sand extreme 240 hp? I believe its a Morse Mv shifter .
Thanks Dan

Firecat700rr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme
Boat Length
I have a 06 and am wondering the samething.