• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shoe holder/organizer

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Question, I've seen where a couple of guys have put a shoe organizer in the cabin of their boat along the carpeted wall for all kinds of random things. How are you securing it to the wall? Not to hip on drilling it in, did you use something else to secure it?

Drill it in with a small stainless screw and a finishing washer. If you don't like it you can take it out and the carpet will still cover the hole and wont be noticeable.

I prefer the mess shoe holder over the plastic shoe holder. Things stored in the plastic holder get stuck and plus the mess one breathes allowing things to dry out and not grow mold.

I to have used small stainless screws and washers don't worry about holes because you are going to love it. We use it all the time . When you go to sell boat you will look like a genius . I might upgrade to mesh when this one is no longer good.

The one I used I got from Walmart and it had hooks on the top. I just recent them to the right size and the went right over the top of the wall. No screws needed. image.jpg

If you look on the wall, there's likely some plastic discs that are about 1/2" in diameter. On my boat these are covers for the screws that hold the panel on the wall. Simply pop these covers off, remove the screws, slide the wall out, then tuck part of the shoe rack over the top of the wall. Replace the screws and their covers and there's no need to drill extra holes.

Back