• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shoes <what do you wear boating?>

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Flip flops of all brands for me. I just got a pair of OluKais that are really comfortable, soft footbed and nice arch support, just breaking those in now. The others that have been really comfortable are my Sanuk flip flops. I have a pair of Reefs, North Face, and a couple others from the Gap, Adidas, and Am. Eagle too but the OluKai and Sanuk have been the best so far.

Spectre170

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Crocs or Tevas (Terra Fi or Omnium) to get to the boat & around the boat but then barefoot usually on the boat.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
325846_366_45.jpg mbVL0vZmdDsPa9eoDzPr9fQ.jpg Teva Churn or Skele Toes!!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Reef Runner Flip Flops when possible, but Vibram 5-fingers when in the water. Our favorite lakes have Zebra Mussels. If you are in the sand, you are fine. Until you find that one clam covered in them, and split your foot open.

Not sure if it matters, but enough beer on the sandbar tends to thin the blood too. Good thing we don't have freshwater sharks!!

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Tivas or Sperry flip flops. I tried the crocs, busted my ass because the crocs have zero grip on anything wet... They should be banned IMHO.

Pointblank

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Would prefer flip flops but have had one too many close calls at the dock. Now it's Crocs only or barefoot.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Water shoes for me. Ocean Pacific brand is what I currently have.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No Shoes Allowed..........
20141009_174748.jpg

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
These look like Rider sandals. Dunas style. They are my daily footwear. How do you feel about their waterproofness?
So far so good. I never liked flip flops until I found these.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
CROCS BABY...best boat shoe I have ever worn, comfy, dries instantly, and weighs nothing. And...they float, and because they are so butt ugly, you can see them 100 yards away, haven't lost one yet!:winkingthumbsup"

TN888

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Flip flops heading to the boat.....no flip flops once I'm in the boat.

ShooterDiesel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Keens. They are non-marking, have toe protection in the river or on coral and great grip.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just can't bring myself to wear the Crocs clogs. I do however have some other Crocs in their more fashionable styles.
Crocs' Santa Cruz line are my absolute favorite shoes. I have 4 different pairs of them and wear them all the time. Love Em.

Last edited:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I just can't bring myself to wear the Crocs clogs. I do however have some other Crocs in their more fashionable styles.
They may look goofy, but they are great boat shoes...especially the "boat shoe" that had the siped sole. I have a pair of them and love them. They also have a strap that can be tightened to hang on while in water or mud. I don't think they make the boat shoe any longer, but they offer that strap in an off road version with a less than appealing sole with heavier lugs. I pretty much just went back to the basic clog and they are perfect except they don't grip wet fiberglass, well...nothing does very well. I have a bright orange pair, a tan boat shoe pair, and a camo real tree pair. They provide good support for those of us that have more mileage. But they aren't as stable as a hard soled shoe. Anyway, thank God we have choices and Crocs are still in business! I do wear my Vibram Five Fingers when I am swimming and going ashore on non sand beaches, at least I have some protection!