• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shorelandr Bow Stop Post

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is pretty heavy, I don't think so. This bow stop post is pretty heavy duty. I don't think it flexes at all...except the pivot noted above.
2 Through bolts that mechanically secure the stop bracket to the trailer frame should do the trick then at very low cost....

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
2 Through bolts that mechanically secure the stop bracket to the trailer frame should do the trick then at very low cost....
Yes it would. And I thought that is what I would do. Then I realized that every time you change something, the bow stop position changes. i.e. such as replacing bunk board, winch, roller. When I got this boat home, the roller was deformed and had eye bolt marring and it was off center. All it takes to realign is to loosen the two pinch bolts and reset it to the bow.

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes it would. And I thought that is what I would do. Then I realized that every time you change something, the bow stop position changes. i.e. such as replacing bunk board, winch, roller. When I got this boat home, the roller was deformed and had eye bolt marring and it was off center. All it takes to realign is to loosen the two pinch bolts and reset it to the bow.
Gotcha, and more than one set of through bolt holes would weaken the frame......Looks like sleeving the bolts is the next best option

motorboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd consider relocating the jack.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is an easy fix @GTBRMC , just trying to find the best way to do it. You wouldn't believe the actual bow stop post...it is BEEFY! But the way it secures and adjusts is a good design, just poor execution. They should have designed either a shim plate or ferrules on those bolts to take up the slack. Either that or better placed holes to snug it with the bolts. There is zero torque spec for those bolts in the trailer manual too. I am going to call them next week and have a conversation about this, because I don't want to bend it where I can't get it off if I had to. If I did bend it, it would scratch the hell out of the tongue frame doing so. Anyway, it sure doesn't move like the MFI...but it is possible to put enough pressure on it to pivot it, and an uphill or jack rabbit start could cause it to pivot backward, although that isn't near as likely. If you use previous procedures to take the slop out and snug the boat against the bow roller, by doing a hard stop, you most certainly will pivot the post.
No doubt that the Shorelander is a much better trailer than the MFI. It is an area where I think Yamaha is not taking the cheapest way out. From what I can see, it is a much better trailer than the MFI.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The jack
Mount is incorporated into the bow post. If I moved it, I would have an ugly blank spot and have to add some sort of universal that would also detract
From a nice looking trailer. IMO.