• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shorelandr Bunk Lengths

Ramblinwreck

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This forum and members are great and I have learned so much here! I need a little help. I want to replace the bunks on my 2012 Shorelandr (frame YAV50TCBLW/50TCBBLW) next week when I've got the boat in the water for the 4th [flag]. I've never replaced them :oops: and really never checked them closely o_O --learned from you that I should be doing that. I've have noticed wear on the carpet, especially near the back edge of one of the bunks. I want to just knock it out and replace them--thinking I'm seeing a scratch caused by the bunk but could just be paranoid:eek:. The boat's a couple hours away. I know the bunks are 2x6 but am unsure of the lengths. I've checked the Shorelandr website and think the bunks are 5' and 8', but theres's a reference to 10'. I've tried to find it here and there's lots of great info on replacing bunks, but no length dimension. Does anyone know the lengths for sure and would you verify? Planning on going with pressure treated pine and stainless screws. Don't plan on using glue, just 1/2" stainless staples and plenty of them on the backside. Know this has been discussed, but would welcome your thoughts! Thanks for the help!

pcriley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a galvanized trailer that's not a shoreland'r. I have two 5' long bunks and two 10'. I would just buy 3 10' 2x6's and you can cut when you get to your boat and measure if you have to.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This forum and members are great and I have learned so much here! I need a little help. I want to replace the bunks on my 2012 Shorelandr (frame YAV50TCBLW/50TCBBLW) next week when I've got the boat in the water for the 4th [flag]. I've never replaced them :oops: and really never checked them closely o_O --learned from you that I should be doing that. I've have noticed wear on the carpet, especially near the back edge of one of the bunks. I want to just knock it out and replace them--thinking I'm seeing a scratch caused by the bunk but could just be paranoid:eek:. The boat's a couple hours away. I know the bunks are 2x6 but am unsure of the lengths. I've checked the Shorelandr website and think the bunks are 5' and 8', but theres's a reference to 10'. I've tried to find it here and there's lots of great info on replacing bunks, but no length dimension. Does anyone know the lengths for sure and would you verify? Planning on going with pressure treated pine and stainless screws. Don't plan on using glue, just 1/2" stainless staples and plenty of them on the backside. Know this has been discussed, but would welcome your thoughts! Thanks for the help!
2019 Shorelandr has 2 2x6x8 and 2 2x6x5. Use treated wood and stainless staples for the carpet, at least 3/8” on the staples. My dealer sold precut carpet in 12” width. I got 40’. My trailer only uses 16 screws total for all 4 bunks. 1 1/2” in length is plenty for the screws. I think I reused mine, actually.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Front 2 are exactly 8 feet long. Rear two are 5 feet but i made them longer each way to get more coverage. Probably just over 6 foot now

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Front 2 are exactly 8 feet long. Rear two are 5 feet but i made them longer each way to get more coverage. Probably just over 6 foot now
Yep. I made mine 5’6”, after I moved my bow stop back 4 1/2”.

Ramblinwreck

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great info. Thanks for the help. I'm going to pick up a couple of 8' and cut in half a 12' press treated 2x6. Will go ahead and a carpet them here at home--though I will take my tools with me. Any reason I can't just take the old bunks out of the brackets and put the new ones in by removing/replacing the wood screws? I noticed that several folks pulled the brackets off. Just want to make sure I'm prepped--and taking advice from those who've done it before. Thanks.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just removed the lag screws with a battery impact at the launch. So I think yours will be similar. But my trailer may be different than yours.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Great info. Thanks for the help. I'm going to pick up a couple of 8' and cut in half a 12' press treated 2x6. Will go ahead and a carpet them here at home--though I will take my tools with me. Any reason I can't just take the old bunks out of the brackets and put the new ones in by removing/replacing the wood screws? I noticed that several folks pulled the brackets off. Just want to make sure I'm prepped--and taking advice from those who've done it before. Thanks.
My trailer has 1 bolt in each swivel bracket. (2 per bunk). You will want to carpet around that bracket. So, if you are doing carpet before you get there... measure and leave about 12” or so loose so you can get the bracket on then pull the carpet tight.

Also, I’m not sure if my lumber yard just has crappy QC on wood width, or if it’s not a true 2x6. But, every bunk I replaced I had to shave the edges significantly in order to get that bracket mounted. No way I could have done that with carpet on and in the way.

I wish I had taken pics of the project, but I just didn’t think about it at the time.

Ramblinwreck

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My trailer has 1 bolt in each swivel bracket. (2 per bunk). You will want to carpet around that bracket. So, if you are doing carpet before you get there... measure and leave about 12” or so loose so you can get the bracket on then pull the carpet tight.

Also, I’m not sure if my lumber yard just has crappy QC on wood width, or if it’s not a true 2x6. But, every bunk I replaced I had to shave the edges significantly in order to get that bracket mounted. No way I could have done that with carpet on and in the way.

I wish I had taken pics of the project, but I just didn’t think about it at the time.
Thanks! Sounds like a plan. I'll either leave the ends loose or may just wait and cover it there. Sounds like no big deal taking the bracket off, so I'll do it that way. Also, bringing a wood rasp, file, and jig saw--thanks to your heads up. Much appreciated!

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Ramblinwreck

I have to do mine in the next two weeks. Is it tow lag screws that screw into the bunk from the bottom or from the top?

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Ramblinwreck

I have to do mine in the next two weeks. Is it tow lag screws that screw into the bunk from the bottom or from the top?
Wondering the same thing, so I can carpet the new boards at home and just switch them out at the ramp. Anyone have an answer to this ?

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wondering the same thing, so I can carpet the new boards at home and just switch them out at the ramp. Anyone have an answer to this ?
From each side of the bunk on mine

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That is what I thought after looking at the Shorelandr parts site and saw the bunk brackets and pics. Thanks, I bet mine will be the same.

pcriley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A 2x6 is 1.5" thick so i'd just get 1" or 1.25" galvanized lag screws. Make sure they are hot dip galvanized though.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They are screwed to the sides of the board not through it

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
They are screwed to the sides of the board not through it
I had HD cut a 16 and 10 ft PT 2x6 in half. The longer board was sagging ...
20201101_144941.jpg

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I had HD cut a 16 and 10 ft PT 2x6 in half. The longer board was sagging ...
View attachment 136428
My boat was at Chatlee Marine for some fiberglass work, and I had meant to replace the carpeting this summer before I put a nice hole in the hull. I guess this is what happens if you don't leave an opening for the water to drain.

20201101_144941.jpg

Last edited:

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My boat was at Chatlee Marine for some fiberglass work, and I had meant to replace the carpeting this summer before I put a nice hole in the hull.
I did most of the stapling at home, and left it loose near where the brackets would be attached. I brought the electric staple gun with me and finished up at the ramp after placing the brackets properly. I haven't seen any pics here of them, so I thought I would snap a few for reference. 20201031_103412.jpg20201031_104103.jpg20201031_105154.jpg