• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shoreland'r Serious Safety Issue - Check your fenders!

Sweinberger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
After fixing your fenders it will most likely happen again if you dont sort out the cause of the vibration.
Tires, load placement, over heavy tongue weight, excessive brake vibration, Etc.
I am still running the original fenders and brackets with no issues. I have the replacement fenders and brackets stored for future use if need be.
From day one I set my tongue weight to within shorlandr specs and replaced tires with the radials( free from Carlise) and balanced them myself .
I have never seem my fenders shake
Makes sense. I just bought the boat on Thursday so I am guessing it was a pre existing situation that I missed upon inspection.. I will take that into consideration moving forward.

Sweinberger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So Shorelandr got back to me today. I was told that because this was handled as a service bulletin, the parts and labor at the original point of sale would be covered for free, even though I am the second owner. Now given the fact the both brackets are sheered and it’s 3ish hrs back to where I bought it, and from there I don’t know how far. I asked if we could have the work done locally. They are looking to see who could do the work, and worse case I may have to pick up a portion of the labor. So far so good. And on a holiday to boot.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When i spoke with them, told them no dealers close. They shipped all parts to me directly. There was no issues at all.
Probably glad there was no labor fee

Sweinberger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
They may do the same for me.. either way. The parts are free.. we’ll figure the rest out.. once they give the a quote I’ll determine if I want to do the work myself. How was the install? It looks pretty straight forward.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the fenders and parts in storage. I have no issues yet. Told them they were cracked so that i would have them in case.
As far as installation should be very easy with minimal tools

Sweinberger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have the fenders and parts in storage. I have no issues yet. Told them they were cracked so that i would have them in case.
As far as installation should be very easy with minimal tools
That’s right you stated they were in storage. We’ll see what they say.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The brackets that the boat tie down went to broke off one side. I drilled a hole in the ibeam on each side and attached the tie downs there. Was on the side of interstate 95 in a pinch. But still use these holes.
All the little nuts on the trailer holding the lights were not nylocks and there was no locktite on them.

gmtech16450yz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I fixed mine by sandwiching both the aluminum and plastic between two pieces of aluminum plate. 5 nuts and bolts into the trailer bracket and 5 1/4" rivets between the plates, diamond plate and plastic. I did all 4 corners of the fenders. I never stood on the fenders before. Now I can jump up and down on them. They ain't goin' nowhere.

20190903_190729.jpg20190903_190747.jpg20190903_190800.jpg

Last edited:

Sweinberger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
When i spoke with them, told them no dealers close. They shipped all parts to me directly. There was no issues at all.
Probably glad there was no labor fee
As suspected, no dealers/service centers close. The entire two fender kit will be shipped to my house.

@Sweinberger get the parts and we will getter done! ✅
When they come in, I'll let you know!

Sweinberger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I fixed mine by sandwiching both the aluminum and plastic between two pieces of aluminum plate. 5 nuts and bolts into the trailer bracket and 5 1/4" rivets between the plates, diamond plate and plastic. I did all 4 corners of the fenders. I never stood on the fenders before. Now I can jump up and down on them. They ain't goin' nowhere.

View attachment 104444View attachment 104445View attachment 104446
Interesting, was this before or after you replaced the original parts?

Newmaniak

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Same thing here. I contacted my dealer and they are playing dumb. Acting like they have never heard of this. Did you guys go straight to shorelander?

Sweinberger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Same thing here. I contacted my dealer and they are playing dumb. Acting like they have never heard of this. Did you guys go straight to shorelander?
I went to Shorelandr directly through their website. Fed the details back to the local dealer, but the guys said he was new so didn't hold it against him.. He did everything he could to help, even responding on Memorial Day. Just go straight to Shorelandr, they have handled it pretty well from my perspective. even if I have to do the work myself.

Last edited:

Newmaniak

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went to Shorelandr directly through their website. Fed the details back to the local dealer, but the guys said he was new so didn't hold it against him.. He did everything he could to help, even responding on Memorial Day. Just go straight to Shorelandr, they have handled it pretty well from my perspective. even if I have to do the work myself.
Contacted Shorelandr and they took care of me! Thanks for the info.

Jerry Ferrera

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone have a contact number to shorelander trailers.

Sweinberger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone have a contact number to shorelander trailers.
I didn’t have to call them, I opened up a contact request on their website and they called me. I believe the number I have is for the guy working my case and not a general contact number. Have you tried their site yet? They got back to me really quick.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I didn’t have to call them, I opened up a contact request on their website and they called me. I believe the number I have is for the guy working my case and not a general contact number. Have you tried their site yet? They got back to me really quick.

jamesk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I thought I saw something about this in regards to many of these trailers having bias tires even though the plate on the trailer says they should be radial tires? https://jetboaters.net/threads/psi-for-carlisle-radial-trailer-tires.23623/
The bias tires vibrate alot and cause issues like the fenders comming apart, yes?
I looked into this when I saw my spare tire shaking around like it was loose and saw all this info about the shorelander tire issue.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The info plate states it could be bias or radial in fact. Thats what Carlisle states now.
And why they won't replace the tires anymore