• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

ShoreLand'r Trailer Recall May 17th 2024

AlpharettaRK

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I guess this includes me. They don't really tell you what proper depth is. Any idea what the "damage" is? I've only loaded a couple of times since I keep mine in the water, but the first time the trailer was not deep enough on the first attempt. I had to back out, get the trailer deeper and go again

GAboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I sent the recall notice letter to my dealer's service department and they called ShoreLand'r. Now we wait until the parts come in. Until then I'm not really sure what is changing to correct the problem.

AlpharettaRK

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Is Park Marine your dealer? I haven't got letter, so I guess I wait for that to contact Park.

GAboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes, Park Marine in Kennesaw. The Service Department Manager "Buli" is working on the recall situation for me. His info is below.

Buli Schaefer
Service Manager
Park Marine Kennesaw
770-919-2628

AlpharettaRK

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That would be at least the 3rd service mgr there since I got my boat last July. I was underwhelmed with them. I keep my boat at Port Royale on Lanier and so started taking it to the Park service center there. Randy, the manager there has been there forever and I have been really pleased with the service there. They can do warranty and all the same stuff Kennesaw can. If you can take it there I'd recommend them over Kennesaw.

GAboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I totally get it, we purchased our boat last August. Buli has been really good and responsive, so we want to give him a chance to do better than the last guy.

AlpharettaRK

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My recall was in the mail today

GAboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My recall was in the mail today
Went to the lake yesterday and with the boat off the trailer, think I see the problem. Although I didn’t find damage to the bottom of my boat I do see where the chines are making groves in the back bunks as the boat slides up on the trailer.

IMG_7704.jpeg

Kuntzee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When I was washing my boat yesterday my row of chines right where it is supposed to ride on that bunk got all scratched up. Now the wait to get it fixed before we can go out again. Anybody know if this would be covered because of recall or how expensive I might be looking at to get this fixed. Thanks 23 AR220

Attachments

AlpharettaRK

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That’s ugly, makes me glad I don’t trailer much til it’s fixed. Sure seems like Yamaha knows the trailer is a problem and not user error. They sure ought to fix it but who knows if they will.

Minh Nguyen

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow! How crazy! I have to take a look at ours next time I have the boat. I did noticed the fill/drain hole for the ballast system is right there on the bunk with not much wiggle room with our boat. Thanks for the heads up. We did not receive our notice yet.

JPboat012

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just got my letter over the weekend. I was searching on the forum to see if other got it as well. Waiting on my dealer to contact when the part’s ordered. I need to take a look at bottom of our boat as well 😑

JPboat012

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
When I was washing my boat yesterday my row of chines right where it is supposed to ride on that bunk got all scratched up. Now the wait to get it fixed before we can go out again. Anybody know if this would be covered because of recall or how expensive I might be looking at to get this fixed. Thanks 23 AR220
@Kuntzee I just got off the phone with the support, and if your boat's hull is damaged due to this rear bunk on the Shorelandr trailer, dealer can submit the warranty to cover the cost of the repair if both boat and trailer are listed on that notice.

Kuntzee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Kuntzee I just got off the phone with the support, and if your boat's hull is damaged due to this rear bunk on the Shorelandr trailer, dealer can submit the warranty to cover the cost of the repair if both boat and trailer are listed on that notice.
Thanks @JPboat012 , I just talked to my dealership and sent them the letter I received and the recall along with pictures of the damage and he is going to look into the warranty. I am sure this has happened to a number of folks, hence the reason for the recall/redesign of the rear trailer bunks. I will keep all posted on my findings. Hopefully we can get this resolved and patched up and still have some boating season, since our season isn't the longest here in Central PA.

Kuntzee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Update - Dealer has submitted paperwork and picture documentation to Shoreland’r for warranty approval. Now we wait to see what they say.

highway76

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
I got a letter this week as well. Went and looked at the chines and sure enough there is some scuffing. Nothing through the gel coat like pictured above, but it is definitely marked with some black. Going to see if the dealership can buff that out since they'll have it off the trailer anyway. Hoping they can just charge it to Yamaha. I had a piece of gel coat chip off it when I picked it up from delivery, now I'm thinking the bunks are what caused it.

highway76

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
Update - Dealer has submitted paperwork and picture documentation to Shoreland’r for warranty approval. Now we wait to see what they say.
Let us know how it goes. Curious to see how the new bunks are.

Kuntzee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well my dealer submitted the information to Shorelandr Warranty. They are saying they will not cover the damage because it is a voluntary program to replace the bunks. What BS. They know their bunks are faulty so will let you damage your boat but not take any responsibility for it. My dealer gave me the number for customer service for Shorelandr

JPboat012

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Kuntzee Yamaha support said it could be covered under their warranty if it was proven caused by the trailer.
Here's the Yamaha support number 866 -894-1626, but you should see if the dealer can contact Yamaha directly