• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

ShoreLand'r Trailer Recall May 17th 2024

highway76

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
Dealer should have submitted it to Yamaha and not shorelandr, I doubt they would ever cover anything directly concerning the boat.

Kuntzee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My dealer contacted the trailer company directly through the warranty process. I have submitted a claim through my Progressive Insurance. I will ask my dealer about the Yamaha warranty cause Shoreland'r doesn't have a normal person on the other end of the line. Have to leave message or send an email.

highway76

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
My dealer contacted the trailer company directly through the warranty process. I have submitted a claim through my Progressive Insurance. I will ask my dealer about the Yamaha warranty cause Shoreland'r doesn't have a normal person on the other end of the line. Have to leave message or send an email.
Damn man, I don't know if I would have went to progessive just yet, thats going to jack your rates up. Hopefully Yamaha takes care of it for you. Mine is scuffed but not destroyed like yours, I'm going to just dunk it super deep until I can get the trailer bunk replaced.

highway76

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
Also, for anyone wondering what the actual problem is, Shorelandr decided it would be a good idea to attach the bunks using bolt heads that arent countersunk. So basically the scratches are from through-bolts on the top of the bunk itself. The replacement uses a different style attachment, probably more akin to most other bunks like lag screws from the bottom or the sides.

If it helps, the guy at my dealer said basically just submerge the whole trailer fender when launching or recovery to avoid it until its fixed.

MNJets

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
Thank you for the information folks. I will pick up my boat in the lift and inspect for any damage. I sold my 2019 212X that was pretty well set up for our family and upgraded to a 2024 222XD. It's a bit of a learning curve and I know "newer is not always better". But the trailer issue isn't something I would have anticipated. I'll have to drive 600 miles roundtrip for the closest Yamaha dealer which has my warranty information and will make the necessary repairs. I'll check back on this thread for any updates.

Kuntzee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Damn man, I don't know if I would have went to progessive just yet, thats going to jack your rates up. Hopefully Yamaha takes care of it for you. Mine is scuffed but not destroyed like yours, I'm going to just dunk it super deep until I can get the trailer bunk replaced.
Nobody wants to cover it. The dealer basically didn’t want to deal with it. Plus I found a local guy to do the repair that can fit me in, unlike the dealer he was a month out for the repair. Our season isn’t really that long in Central PA. I dropped the boat off on Friday. My dealer just called me and told me my new bunks came in. My dealer is 2.5-3 hrs away. So I’m going to have my other guy put them on. And just drive truck to pick the boards up.

highway76

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
Nobody wants to cover it. The dealer basically didn’t want to deal with it. Plus I found a local guy to do the repair that can fit me in, unlike the dealer he was a month out for the repair. Our season isn’t really that long in Central PA. I dropped the boat off on Friday. My dealer just called me and told me my new bunks came in. My dealer is 2.5-3 hrs away. So I’m going to have my other guy put them on. And just drive truck to pick the boards up.
Post some pics once its taken care of, I'm curious how the new bunks are configured.

Kuntzee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will post some pictures once it is complete.

highway76

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
Just dropped mine off to get replaced. A little more insight. Apparently the bunks for the 22ft hull were moved inward to accomodate the ballast pump and drain system of the wake series boats. In doing so, the gap for the first chine to ride through is extremely small, and it can actually contact the metal bracket on the bunk in the right situation. The new bunks have a different bracket design that should eliminate this. I'm assuming they are also going to be moved out wider a few inches to make centering the boat easier. My lower chines always hit the board and cause it to sit offcenter a bit in the bunks, though I dont think they ever hit the metal bracket.

Kuntzee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In the kit from the dealership only had the new bunk boards. Which are 4" shorter. Not sure what the change will be if they are 4" shorter. I didn't have the dealer replace them on my trailer because my boat is being repaired somewhere local to me. Does anyone else have confirmation that the only difference is the shorter bunk boards and not the brackets?