• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

ShoreLand'r Trailer Recall May 17th 2024

Does anyone have the exact length of the new "shorter" bunks? Were they shorter towards the front or back or overall? My dealer got a response from Shorelandr saying my trailer was manufactured with the newer brackets therefore this may be a loading issue. The pictures I posted were from the FIRST time I took the boat off the trailer. I've since backed the trailer in deep. The back tires of my truck are in the water. I still have to use a fair amount of throttle to get the boat on and off the trailer. And the boat doesn't center on the trailer worth a damn. It's not a ramp issue. I've never had an issue with my old boat and people launch triple axle cigarette boats at the same ramp. I'm thinking the correct bunks and/or moving them out 3" like mentioned here may fix the problem.

Does anyone have the exact length of the new "shorter" bunks? Were they shorter towards the front or back or overall? My dealer got a response from Shorelandr saying my trailer was manufactured with the newer brackets therefore this may be a loading issue. The pictures I posted were from the FIRST time I took the boat off the trailer. I've since backed the trailer in deep. The back tires of my truck are in the water. I still have to use a fair amount of throttle to get the boat on and off the trailer. And the boat doesn't center on the trailer worth a damn. It's not a ramp issue. I've never had an issue with my old boat and people launch triple axle cigarette boats at the same ramp. I'm thinking the correct bunks and/or moving them out 3" like mentioned here may fix the problem.
I just got my bunks swapped out last Thursday. I haven't measured them, but I can. it was just the two rear/short ones.

I just got my bunks swapped out last Thursday. I haven't measured them, but I can. it was just the two rear/short ones.
If you can measure them and let me know it would be much appreciated!

I haven't brought my boat in for the bunk replacement, nor the connect screen service. Still have a month to play before it gets cold. So today I stopped by my storage to look at the bunk placement and noticed a spot that I could move the rear bunks to so that it won't tear up the gel coat with each launch. I do have to back my boat deep into the water, rear truck tires are about 3 inches deep, then signal my wife to let it roll back a few inches and brake while gently throttling the boat in reverse. It is a bit of a hassle to do every time, but we do it so that we wont make it worse before taking it in for the bunks to get fixed, which I'm not sure helps or not. My previous ar240 had no problem launching. So on my 222xd, the rear bunks could be relocated outward close to the side, allowing the chine to clear in-between the bunks. I'm trying to upload pictures to see what you guys think.

Thoughts from any trailer experts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241016_204747_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20241016_204747_Gallery.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20241016_204755_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20241016_204755_Gallery.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 10
Thoughts from any trailer experts?
i'm no expert, but I'm not sure the boat will clear the fender wells if you move the bunks out that far.

Back