• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Should this stress crack be a concern?

TN888

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After buying a 2014 AR240 3 months ago I've got a couple small stress cracks near the window which seems to be normal around these Yamaha boats & what I've read here. But these cracks have me concerned due to the location shown in the pics. I took a distance pic so you guys know where the cracks are(seating in front of drivers console). Should I have my dealer look at this.....Yamaha warranty cover it?

0b91c687-212f-438f-b93a-0f10ec67a90b_zpsadc47585.jpg
c2_zps62d151b6.jpg

I'm no fiberglass guy but if I bought a boat three months ago and it had cracks like that I would be very concerned and would be taking it back to the dealer

I agree volffas, it shows pretty bad for those sitting up front. Kinda sucks cause this boat has been babied running calm lakes.

Yamaha will usually pay for one stress crack repair by an authorized dealer under warranty. Call your dealer and tell them you want it fixed.

I'm guessing that corner will need better fiberglass support underneath to prevent this happening again ??

Yeah, that is too visible and the boat is too new...get it fixed.

I got some cracking on that seat from someone jumping off a dock onto the seat. Anything like that happen to yours?

Can you get to the under side of this area?

I agree with the others. Have it addressed by the dealer. But I'd do it after youre done for the season.

Then I would suggest that the dealer lay some reenforcing glass underneath that area when they do the crack repair.

-Gel Coat stress cracks fall under the "General Exclusions From Warranty"
-Page 140 of my owners manual. It states gel coat stress crack are an example of "Abuse or Neglect of the Product"

Total BS, but hope it can be squared away anyways and be covered.

If you can prove that there is unsubstantial glass in that area then it moves to being a workmanship quality defect and should be covered. If a man of average weight can sit in the seat near this cracking and cause visible movement of the structure you proved that it's not built properly. As long as your dealer is willing to dance with you, I think you can get a warranty repair done.

I have some stress cracking in the exact same place. Dealer tried to have Yamaha take care of it, Yamaha declined.

I cant say if it was cause from someone jumping on it from the dock like dave1501 said or from something else. I'm not to worried about it, I figure I should be able to fix it myself over the winter.

Besides I have other more pressing issues with my boat to worry about to let a few stress cracks bother me :) https://jetboaters.net/threads/engine-just-quit.3253/

I agree with others above. Definitely ask your dealer about it when you take it in.

During the first season on my boat, I noticed stress cracks at regular intervals under the windshield -- about ever 12-15" apart. When I took it into my dealer at the end of the season, this was one item on my punch list of about 8-10 things to look into. What was finally decided is that the holes in the fiberglass weren't perfectly in line with the mounts on the windshield. Yamaha paid for this warranty repair with no questions. Now after additional seasons of use there's no sign of these cracks repairing. When mine was repaired, it took about four weeks. This is because my dealer would only send the boat to one shop (as that's the only one they trust) and that shop was busy.

Glad to hear that the dealer is going to back you up on this one @TN888

Two words on this: Very Nice! :)

Back