• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show me your camper!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A billion years ago when I got the boat, the decision was whether to get a camper or get a boat.

I still have no camper.

But I have a boat. :) Love these pics, though. Makes me wonder if I made the right choice. Someday, maybe.... Keep 'em coming!

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If the choice was either or, it would always be the boat. Not even close lol.
Same! If I could only have one, my camper would be for sale tomorrow!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We made the same decision. Camper over boat......well it started when I was single....boat over motorcycle. See more women in bikini's on the boat than on the bike.

Curious how @JDBoss setup will tow with a hitch extension under that camper overhang. I've always wondered how well that did or didn't work.

Rylee44

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We stay at a home lake (Tenkiller) and outgrew our 32' camper. After seeing these in Rockwall, TX we purchased one of these and moved it into our RV slot, 50amp plug and all!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We stay at a home lake (Tenkiller) and outgrew our 32' camper. After seeing these in Rockwall, TX we purchased one of these and moved it into our RV slot, 50amp plug and all!
View attachment 99014

View attachment 99015

View attachment 99016
That is freaking amazing. Is it still on wheels? We've been considering a campsite with some neighbhors, but they are all basically regular campers that have been somewhat permanently placed. Decks attached, the whole nine yards. If this thing still has wheels on it we might be able to sneak it past the campground rules.

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
2008 Starwood LE
28' Bunkhouse w/single slide

Considering an upgrade to a 5th wheel of similar size so I can pull both trailers at the same time. With a BP, we are over the legal length by about 8 feet. This would also free up some space in the shop for parking. I could park the truck and camper in the same bay if I go 5th wheel. Right now, I am about 4' short of fitting both (50'x50' shop w/20' lean-to off the rear).
20190628_194508.jpg20190614_123628.jpg20190706_121426.jpg20190603_082859.jpg

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
2008 Starwood LE
28' Bunkhouse w/single slide

Considering an upgrade to a 5th wheel of similar size so I can pull both trailers at the same time. With a BP, we are over the legal length by about 8 feet. This would also free up some space in the shop for parking. I could park the truck and camper in the same bay if I go 5th wheel. Right now, I am about 4' short of fitting both (50'x50' shop w/20' lean-to off the rear).
View attachment 99030View attachment 99031View attachment 99032View attachment 99033
I'm in Littleton. Where do you boat up there? What impeller did you change out to and how did it work for you?

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm in Littleton. Where do you boat up there? What impeller did you change out to and how did it work for you?
We go to Jackson mostly. Just went to Sterling last weekend. I had the impellers done at the dealer when I bought the boat. I don't recall the pitch before and after, but I get 44 mph WOT lightly loaded. 40-41 mph loaded w/6. I never ran the stock impellers so I cannot comment on the change in performance.

Rylee44

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That is freaking amazing. Is it still on wheels? We've been considering a campsite with some neighbhors, but they are all basically regular campers that have been somewhat permanently placed. Decks attached, the whole nine yards. If this thing still has wheels on it we might be able to sneak it past the campground rules.
It is still on wheels, has 5 axles due to the weight. It is classed as a Park Model RV (no holding tanks), therefore it fits our campground rules. I spoke with the park owner before and they said they would allow it, been there for just over a year now, no issues! Love the space, actually feels like a second home. You must have sewage hookup since it has no holding tanks. Also, request a propane stove and LED lights so you can run it on 50amp plug :cool:

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Explorer tows the boat, F150 tows the camper. It's a 38' Vibe. Model is 313bhs. It's about 8,000lbs dry.
View attachment 98879
How does the f150 do? My sister is looking at a 32’ that’s 6,000lbs dry and worried about truck. My bro in law has a 2013 f150 3.5 eco. I have same truck but with a 5.0 and told her they should be ok.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is some creativity, I don’t want to tandom pull and want to somehow have RV and tow boat Too, maybe convert the back for boat instead of side by side. My idea currently is a slide in bed camper

Saw this for sale though. 67B78AC5-2FBD-4107-AEC5-6CCE461FD9E4.jpeg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is some creativity, I don’t want to tandom pull and want to somehow have RV and tow boat Too, maybe convert the back for boat instead of side by side. My idea currently is a slide in bed camper

Saw this for sale though. View attachment 99121
I have some hand sketchs around here of a completely modular trailer system I dreamt up awhile back. Basically a way to take a boat trailer and have a secondary front section that could be attached/removed at will for a camper. I'll have to find them. Basic premise was a single pull to the campsite. with the ability for either to be their own entity otherwise. It was a wild hair-brained idea, with TONS of challenges to overcome.

I like the thinking of this picture though!