• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show me your home made wake wedge.

Redbeard83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey, new guy here. Im recently getting into wakesurfing behind my 12 Yamaha 242 LS. I was thinking of making my own wake wedge and wanted to see what others have built and what worked. Thanks.

Attachments

TJP027

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I would not mind seeing this to get some ideas to improve our wake on a 2016 212x.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
very few built their own,
I tried to make my own, IMHO, if you're asking about "how to", don't bother, just go by one and be done with it, I wish I would have,

It's expensive but it's worth it, you'll be on the water surfing tomorrow vs. weeks of planning, buying supplies, building, testing, fixing, more testing,

you could also consider the "mud flap" option using rubber floor pads, anything to smooth the water flow from the hull,

keep your eyes on the for sale section as 1 or 2 get put up each year, sometimes at a really good price,

UnorthodoxCreations

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm finishing building mine now. Pretty much just need to get some longer bolts then I can finish it. I also need to either add a second clasp or put a little more tension on the existing one.
20210608_200208.jpg

20210609_191928.jpg

20210609_191935.jpg

20210609_192020.jpg

20210609_200220.jpg

20210609_200519.jpg

Hope to try it out this weekend but I won't receive my ballast until next week at the soonest so I'm sure that will limit my results.