• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us your BOAT!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@rkluck: Small tip.:
If you chose to NOT keep the bimini top deployed all of the time, and keep it rolled up with a cover on it, it is far LESS susceptible to mildewing !
We learned the hard way.
Great good looking boat !
Hope your Lake Hartwell boating dayz are FANTASTIC this year ! - Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks. I keep it deployed almost all the time. One winter I had it rolled up and it really had a lot of mildew. When I keep her open I don't get much mildew. This is a new one and we put scotch guard on it. I have the old one which I am going to clean up and then rotate them as needed. I also found the guy that does all the canvas work at the dealer. I will be able to get him to make the covers or anything I need now. He just needs the old one to copy.

Westbeach Bum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don't get me wrong, I love the colors and graphics of my boat. But I also equally love the clean look of the 242 LS boats. I am going to remove the "High Output" sticker to clean up the look a little bit.
I couldn't agree more. I removed the High Output stickers this past weekend and it turned out better than I thought it would.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@rkluck: MILDEW: Shows what I know. WOW> I apologize. Ours got "terrible" so I figgered if we kept it rolled up with a cover on it, it would be fine.
Thanks for YOUR heads up !! Best Wishes, Mikey

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
PolarXJ, Great looking boat. So you were helping your friend by running circles around him (check me out, check me out)! HA
LOL! Absolutely! He needed to be jumped a few times and he had to keep going down to idle because his engine kept trying to overheat. So each time he had to slow down I had to show him that my boat still worked just fine. We got the overheating issue fixed later when we got the boat back out of the water.

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well, we didn't follow the plan but we bought another boat. The plan (mine at least) was to buy a dedicated wake boat, my wife's plan was different so you know the rest of the story. We liked our AR but our boys had progressed into surfing and wake boarding, and we agreed ( I thought) to sale the AR and get an Axis this season. She didn't like the size of the Axis boats and said that the Yamaha "felt" bigger and was more suited to family use. She also brought up the difference in pricing. Either way, happy wife...happy life:blackeye:.
image.jpg

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
fore play.JPG

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
My son getting a little time behind the wheel and my daughter getting some time on the knee board.
IMG_0015.jpegPhotos Library.jpeg

Maybe this week I can get a picture of the boat on the water.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pick up Day 2.jpg Pick up day!!

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander