• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Shut Down Starboard Engine Immediately

Mandiime

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Went out couple Fridays ago. About 45 min in my check engine came on with a message that said "Shut Down Starboard Engine". Stopped engine. Restarted. Same Message. Decided since we're all out here we will just limp around on the other and swim. Did that for about 30 minutes then tried engine one more time. Alarm never came back on.

It's a 2019 212 with about 50 hours on it.

I took it to Yamaha to see what issue might have been. Decided to do full service also. They told me they couldn't get the alarm to come back on and couldnt tell me what it was. Any concern? Just rip it or what?

Overheat maybe? Just make sure both pissers are running.

Strange. Did you research this forum or google for this message? Could Yamaha tell you why the message comes on?

I wouldn’t sweat too much unless you travel long distances with your boat. If you do, I’d push Yamaha to give you an answer to why I might come on.

Prob sucked something up, got hot and after limping around the engine cooled and you lost whatever was stuck on the grate

I think you guys are right.. maybe sucked something up and lost it. I dont live far from where I take the boat so I wont worry about it. They did a full service so I wont stress. I just worry about my baby.... ;)

I think you guys are right.. maybe sucked something up and lost it. I dont live far from where I take the boat so I wont worry about it. They did a full service so I wont stress. I just worry about my baby.... ;)
I wouldn't. It's going to happen from time to time. There is a reverse trick that has been posted on the forum many times that you could try if it happens again.

Update: After full service I thought the problem was resolved. However it started happening again. Yamaha was able to recreate this time. Was a bad sensor. $65

Back