• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Simrad GO12 on 2020 210 FSH Sport

@justinhernandz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I finally pulled the trigger and got the GO12. I’ve got the unit in and below are some pictures. I’ll be doing the transducer next and will upload those pictures when I get my black starboard in. Enjoy!

Attachments

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I plan to put in an Axiom 7 in the dash of my 212s like this. I see you did the shop-vac thing which I plan on doing too.
:thumbsup:
Same - I may try to push the 9 though. Theoretically it has about 1/4" to fit.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Same - I may try to push the 9 though. Theoretically it has about 1/4" to fit.
Make sure you measure carefully both the front and the back of the dash panel. I can fit a 7" but a 9" is too tall for clearance behind. You can download the templates for various models from their websites to help measure.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I plan to put in an Axiom 7 in the dash of my 212s like this. I see you did the shop-vac thing which I plan on doing too.
:thumbsup:
I'd highly recommend pulling your dash. It makes life so much easier. It's really easy to do. I was super sketched out about it at first too, but it gives you a much better working space and you're not forced into weird angles or areas fighting around the steering wheel/windshield frame.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I'd highly recommend pulling your dash. It makes life so much easier. It's really easy to do. I was super sketched out about it at first too, but it gives you a much better working space and you're not forced into weird angles or areas fighting around the steering wheel/windshield frame.
Oh I plan to pull the dash panel to cut and fit the chartplotter like you did. I meant using the shopvac to clean up any mess. I'm installing two more speakers in the cockpit and will need the shopvac for that too.
🙂

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Oh I plan to pull the dash panel to cut and fit the chartplotter like you did. I meant using the shopvac to clean up any mess. I'm installing two more speakers in the cockpit and will need the shopvac for that too.
🙂
Ah, roger that. I was doing it by myself so I cut some, shop vac, cut some, shop vac, rinse repeat until I was done. Kept my area clean so I could see the line easily.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Make sure you measure carefully both the front and the back of the dash panel. I can fit a 7" but a 9" is too tall for clearance behind. You can download the templates for various models from their websites to help measure.
have you taken your dash out yet? I see in the back what you mean but was thinking where it drops down it could be trimmed a little.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
have you taken your dash out yet? I see in the back what you mean but was thinking where it drops down it could be trimmed a little.
The top and bottom could be trimmed JUST a little. Not much before you start running into mounting holes and/or being able to see it from the front. You know the dimensions? I wish I took more pics now when I had my dash apart.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The top and bottom could be trimmed JUST a little. Not much before you start running into mounting holes and/or being able to see it from the front. You know the dimensions? I wish I took more pics now when I had my dash apart.
Width doesn't seem to be an issue at all, height is my concern. The 7 is 5.24" tall and the 9 is 6.22" tall, so would need to gain .5" top and bottom. I didn't get exact measurements on my dash but it was a hair over 6.25". I also plan to interface my stereo and controls through the Axiom. I will probably ditch the physical buttons that I currently have.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Width doesn't seem to be an issue at all, height is my concern. The 7 is 5.24" tall and the 9 is 6.22" tall, so would need to gain .5" top and bottom. I didn't get exact measurements on my dash but it was a hair over 6.25". I also plan to interface my stereo and controls through the Axiom. I will probably ditch the physical buttons that I currently have.
yeah width you're totally fine with. It's definitely the height. That sounds about right. The upside is the screen isn't necessarily the size of the unit, either. My height was about 4.72" for the portion that needed to go inside the dash hole. Granted I still had to shave off a smidge off the bottom portion of the dash that wasn't part of the one piece acrylic dash. I mean it was likely a mm or 2, not anything to write home about. Unless you were trying to flush mount it. I just did surface mount.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
yeah width you're totally fine with. It's definitely the height. That sounds about right. The upside is the screen isn't necessarily the size of the unit, either. My height was about 4.72" for the portion that needed to go inside the dash hole. Granted I still had to shave off a smidge off the bottom portion of the dash that wasn't part of the one piece acrylic dash. I mean it was likely a mm or 2, not anything to write home about. Unless you were trying to flush mount it. I just did surface mount.
Whenever I get to this point, I will remove the dash first and take my measurements then before purchasing the 7 or 9.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I also plan to interface my stereo and controls through the Axiom. I will probably ditch the physical buttons that I currently have.
Hang on a second, I just took a look at the 2017 sx210 dash and you may not be able to get rid of the screen without losing most of the display info like speed, GPH, MPG, trip info, etc., and those 4 buttons down the side are probably analog switches so no way to take control without adding actuators that can communicate with the Axiom (not sure about this part). You will need to verify that you can control the stereo and switches through the Axiom. Yamaha does not use a standard NMEA protocol and the Axiom will not communicate with the Yamaha control system. On newer stereos like the Fusion in my boat, I could easily get the NMEA cable into my Axiom for control of the stereo, but then I'm sure I'd lose the joystick control for volume which I really like when floating.

Were you planning on removing the tach gauges instead perhaps?

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Nope not yet, boat is sleeping till spring now. But I did use the template and backing plate to measure the back and it should fit with little or no modifications other than cutting the hole for the Axiom to drop into the dash.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hang on a second, I just took a look at the 2017 sx210 dash and you may not be able to get rid of the screen without losing most of the display info like speed, GPH, MPG, trip info, etc., and those 4 buttons down the side are probably analog switches so no way to take control without adding actuators that can communicate with the Axiom (not sure about this part). You will need to verify that you can control the stereo and switches through the Axiom. Yamaha does not use a standard NMEA protocol and the Axiom will not communicate with the Yamaha control system. On newer stereos like the Fusion in my boat, I could easily get the NMEA cable into my Axiom for control of the stereo, but then I'm sure I'd lose the joystick control for volume which I really like when floating.

Were you planning on removing the tach gauges instead perhaps?
I’ve done quite a bit of homework LOL. I plan on keeping the factory screen to the right and moving the analog gauges inside helm (they have to be retained). The analog switches can be controlled by a digital switching module that interfaces with the Axiom (made by Czone, about $300), I plan to add some controls as well. I will also upgrade the stereo to a NMEA2000 compliant stereo.

Maduro

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’ve done quite a bit of homework LOL. I plan on keeping the factory screen to the right and moving the analog gauges inside helm (they have to be retained). The analog switches can be controlled by a digital switching module that interfaces with the Axiom (made by Czone, about $300), I plan to add some controls as well. I will also upgrade the stereo to a NMEA2000 compliant stereo.
Sounds ambitious! Post pics! That would be something to see!!!

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Ok good stuff...I was afraid you were just going to yank out parts and expect to connect the Axiom.
😲
As Maduro said, pics please, I'd like to see the results of such a setup and how well the Axiom handles the interface. I've played with mine on the counter a few times (I have a 12v supply) and it has a lot of capability built-in.