• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

simrad go9 and motorquide xi5

twinzilla

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would like to add the motorguide xi5 80 lb thrust
Saltwater unit to the boat

And

Simirad go9 xse with side imaging and total scan etc

Has anyone installed these to their boat

Interested to see if it works with nmea 2000 connection so i can remove them rpm guages and install that simrad go9 where the guages were im thinking

Please advise with pics or details or concrete working ideas please

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve done a bunch of research on this as I’m going to install a go7. Ive come to the conclusion it won’t interface with the Yamahas as they use a proprietary implementation of the protocol.

might help if you add your specific boat model too.

twinzilla

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey buddy thank you for the reply. I think the boat has that nmea 2000 connection. Which simrad supports as most others

Have you looked into this yet ?

How about getting rid of them dumb rpm guages in center and putting simrad there as the connext system already has digital rpm

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey buddy thank you for the reply. I think the boat has that nmea 2000 connection. Which simrad supports as most others

Have you looked into this yet ?

How about getting rid of them dumb rpm guages in center and putting simrad there as the connext system already has digital rpm
Yes, it has the connection, but you’ll find others have had little luck getting anything out of it. Search the forum for nmea 2000, lots of threads on the subject.

twinzilla

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok yes thats partly why i joined was reading about that last night and people say it is ready for nmea 2000 but noone knkws what to do

Im going to look in the service manual and see if it says anything in reference to that question. but seems like a dead end ther

Im thinking i could remove the rpm guages and get the simrad go9 in there atleast or hook up rpm guages up behind dash or another spot.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The NMEA signal on your boat is proprietary, can't read data on a Simrad. You can easily mount the tachs behind the dash, but you're not going to fit a GO9 there without doing significant rework of the dash. I have a GO7 and it would just barely fit there.

Kode21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Although the boat wont interface, the Simrad and Motorguide Xi5 are compatible. I am looking to do the same combo, just tough to find the motor i want right now. You will also need the GPS interface and NMEA Starter kit.