• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Simrad owners

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My new Simrad GO7 XSE should be ready to go next week so I was wondering if those who have one have any advice or techniques they use when using it. I am having a try hull transducer put it.

thanks[flag]

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Did you mean thru-hull? If so, what kind (model number)?

Hector

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Only think I can tell you for sure is never try to update the simrad software with a Mac, don’t ask!!
Absolutely need a windows pc.

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
IMG_1834.JPG It is all done. The Simrad fully installed and the boat is waxed. Now if I can get my lift fixed that was damaged in the cold weather I will be ready to boat. In fact the boat is going in the water come He-- or High water next week.

Attachments

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
View attachment 73649 It is all done. The Simrad fully installed and the boat is waxed. Now if I can get my lift fixed that was damaged in the cold weather I will be ready to boat. In fact the boat is going in the water come He-- or High water next week.
What is this “cold weather” thing you reference...I’m not familiar with that term.

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@ClemsonTiger Your not nice;)[flag]. Not only did my piling pop on my lift because of the ice in the canal I also had to replace our waterline because it burst. Not a nice winter however as long as I am above ground it is a great day.[flag]

cwood

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a GO5XSE that I'm trying to use with Navionics+ maps. The whole point was to use Navionics to create my route at home, then transfer to the device. This has proven to be much more difficult than my previous Garmin chartplotters. I'm able to transfer the waypoints and they appear to load on the maps. The process should be the same for the routes, but after I copy the routes to the device, I still can't find them under "routes". Any ideas, suggestions, or step by step directions that anyone can give me?

Additionally, I can't get the auto route feature to work. I've watched a few videos on this and feel like I'm following the correct procedure. After you pick two points to autoroute / auto navigate, the system "thinks" a minute or two and finally crashed with an error (sorry, should have taken a picture of that).

Any help on these items would be greatly appreciated. The unit looks really nice installed in the boat, but is a true pain to use. Nothing seems as straight forward as the Garmins I've used in the past. At this point I'm considering if I should add a Garmin.

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have also found the Simrad hard to get use to. I have always had a problem connecting the wifi but fortunately I boat within site of land so not sure I need all of the features it offers. However I do not think I would add a garmin. I will also look at mine today

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have also found the Simrad hard to get use to. I have always had a problem connecting the wifi but fortunately I boat within site of land so not sure I need all of the features it offers. However I do not think I would add a garmin. I will also look at mine today
I'm not sure what you need WiFi connected for on a regular basis. I actually connected my Go7 to WiFi one time to check for software updates. After that it's not needed as everything is stored internally. And that didn't require a PC to do so. Unless you are pulling something you created from your PC?

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@biffdotorg

I agree however I have never been able to log in to the wifi so I have been unable to upload the software updates.[flag]

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am also having a problem with my GO 7 as I apparently change the transducer to other and I am unable to get it to recognize the original transducer which is NAVICO B60-20 20 degree element transducer. As a result I do not get depth or water temp any assistance is greatly appreciated[flag]

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Gotcha, did you get the defaults from Simrad? I had to dig deep to find that info the first time.

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I seldom complain about customer service however Simrads has to be the worse in the world. I have been on hold for 46 minutes,.. yes they gave an option to call back but never said how long