• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Siphon hose pumping water into boat

jds12

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How far up should the reverse gate be when the jet drive is in neutral? Should it be completely above the nozzle?

It might be down too low like you said. I've only tried it at idle on the trailer on the boat ramp.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
yes it must clear the top of the nozzle when it is in forward but not in neutral, then it sits part way over the nozzle opening, just for the fun of it place the controls in forward and see if this is still occurring. So this was only happening on the hose in neutral?

jds12

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's only happening when the boat is in the water. Just at idle on the boay ramp. Didn't want to take it out with a leak.

On the hose, it doesn't leak at all.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ok I would see if it has an issue with the small tube in the pump since that is really the only thing that keeps coming to mind, try to se if someone has a picture of your particular model and see if it is the exact same as yours. I am assuming this was not a problem before you changed the pump .

jds12

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is neutral

Reverse

Full throttle

Does that look right to you? I'm thinking maybe I need to adjust it so the reverse gate is higher in neutral and full throttle.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
yes the bottom of that reverse needs to clear the nozzle opening , otherwise you disrupt the flow of water exiting the nozzle

jds12

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just to update, I blocked off the siphon tube with a 1/4" pipe fitting plug. Also adjusted the reverse gate to clear the jet nozzle at WOT. No leaks now and it will hit top speed.

I appreciate all the help. Thanks

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other