• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sirius XM on Connext for 2016 242 Limited S

Jamie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi all! We just bought our 2016 242 Limited S last week and I am trying to find out how to get my radio code for XM. Have been reading a few things and not sure if I need a tuner to add to it and if so which model. Can anyone help please? Thanks!

greg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes need a tuner. The xm id is in the tuner not the radio. Look at amazon can get it for 35 dollars. Sxv300 v2 is the one i used.

Jamie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you...ordered it and will install this weekend

Bryan L

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you...ordered it and will install this weekend
Congrats, Jaime! Just bought the same boat as well. I also added the tuner a week or so ago and it works great. Just pull the "sxm" tab off the tuner/amp and Sirius/xm tuner plugs right in. Couldn't be easier.

Jamie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats to you too! Awesome boat...enjoy it! Yes xm was super easy to install.

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Does the Limited SE require tuner installation as well?

MarkEnMiami

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Does the Limited SE require tuner installation as well?
Yes, my dealer in miami wanted north of 500$ for the install. All the connections are done in the well the batteries are located in. 40$ and 15 minutes.... buy Velcro from homedepot. Works super well

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Yes, my dealer in miami wanted north of 500$ for the install. All the connections are done in the well the batteries are located in. 40$ and 15 minutes.... buy Velcro from homedepot. Works super well
Thank Mark for clarifying!

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I had a similar dealer experience with my Range Rover. They wanted $3000 to install the hitch and wire. I got it installed by a store that specializes in hitch installation for $300

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
You're the man! Thank you sir!

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just bought the same receiver but since our head unit is in the rear storage I couldn't find a good place to run the antenna. The guy that installed my stereo thinks he can run it up the tower and mount it where the solar panels are on the frame on my e-series for a good clean look for just an hours worth of labor costs. Got an appointment scheduled next Tuesday. I'll update pictures when he's done.

greg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wasn't that easy running my speaker wires on my 2015 tower. Wonder why switched the radio unit to the rear instead of helm like past years. Took 2 secs to hook it there. Run antenna next to GPS done.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Where are you guys placing the antenna?

MarkEnMiami

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
i literally put mine on the gel coat behind the passenger side arch. and ran the wires through the hull. i have the extended tower, the long one. and i havent lost signal yet. i crosses to the bahamas last week and both directions and in a few circles to chase dolphins i never lost signal.. if you do find another way to mount it atop your arch please let me know.

Bryan L

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wasn't that easy running my speaker wires on my 2015 tower. Wonder why switched the radio unit to the rear instead of helm like past years. Took 2 secs to hook it there. Run antenna next to GPS done.
I'm with Greg on this one. I usually find a temporary spot near the GPS. I have thought about a tower mounted location, but I also use a storage cover over the winter and extended times in the summer, which would be an issue with this cover as it goes over the tower.

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have the Sirius All Access on my truck and just Bluetooth my phone through Polk Ultra marine and wala