• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ski locker latch

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Only the handle is printed, the other parts are original.

The 3d printed handles are holding surprisingly well. I treat them gently but so far so good.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm gonna kinda assume @Scottintexas is right, and there likely wasn't a tab for it to catch... guessing mine is just old enough that it has a different design. Is there a chance the latch was installed 180 degrees from where it's supposed to be? I see in the pic that the stem with the latch bar is off center on the latch, which would mean if it's installed 180 degrees from correct, the stem would likely be too far away from the lip that it's supposed to catch.
Just now seeing this. My 2012 just latches under the lip. No brackets to catch onto.

Chewiem16

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just an update to this thread. I’ve learned a lot about my boat in just one month.

the Whitecap Stainless Equivalent is 8230WC. This is not full stainless, it’s white plastic with stainless parts.

Attachments

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This seems superior to the perko chrome handle that eventually cracks and rusts and splits.

Very nice. Keep us posted on how they perform.