• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Slide in cushion repair?

RiverRacerX

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hey all,

After 11 years my 2008 212SS cushions need some TLC. These are the slide in cushions, before the beautiful hinged cushions. The inside edges are torn from accessing the storage over the years. Those of you with these style cushions surely know what I mean.

What have you done to repair them, aside from completely re-upholstering them? I did use some duct tape for a bit, but the glue residue in the heat, along with more wear, have made them unsightly.

Thoughts?

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@RiverRacerX nice job keeping your upholstery in good shape until now. I purchased a selective number of the OEM cushions from my dealer, at a decent discount and with no shipping costs. I had quotes ranging from $4k-$6k do the entire boat.

There is a good tread regarding @Blazin14 and his use of SEM vinyl paint:

I may try SEM for some of the cushions I did not purchase from Yamaha.

RiverRacerX

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
303 protectant has been the best to keep them just slippery enough to slide in well ;)

I saw that you can still order the OEM cushions. I can get parts at cost from my dealer, so I may look at that. I'd love to re-upholster them in carbon fiber vinyl and maybe some alcantra. Check out @dcbcarlos on Instagram for some sick interiors!!

Thanks for the tip on the vinyl paint. I have used that in other applications before. My seats are in great shape, except for the tears in those slide-in corner areas. I may see if my guy can patch them in a microsuede that slides in easy??