• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Slingshot Big Idrodisc

nate kennedy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Anybody have one of these? Popped up on a Facebook ad last night and my 7 year old daughter and I saw it and watched a few videos together and she told me today she thought about it and wants it. Wonder if anyone has one or has used one? Doesn’t seem all that different from a tube not sure if I am missing anything? I don’t expect her to be standing up with it or anything like that.

Attachments

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We rarely use ours, more of a novelty than anything.

nate kennedy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That’s kind of what I was wondering.. doesn’t seem like it would get the most use and at 7 I’d rather have her in a tube with sides and a back to sit down in.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anybody have one of these? Popped up on a Facebook ad last night and my 7 year old daughter and I saw it and watched a few videos together and she told me today she thought about it and wants it. Wonder if anyone has one or has used one? Doesn’t seem all that different from a tube not sure if I am missing anything? I don’t expect her to be standing up with it or anything like that.
The main difference is in the construction. The iDrodisk is built more like a inflatable stand up paddleboard to be more rigid. As you've most likely seen in the videos, it can be used in different configurations. There is a attachment point for the handle to be towed directly by the boat, ridden like a knee board, or standing. I've not used one personally, but they look great for kids or tandem with your kids.

The best deal on then now is the Buy wake Slingshot 2019 iDrodisk (Black)

I'm a couple weeks away from being a Slingshot dealer myself and plan to host a group buy here on multiple Slingshot products. I'm not sure at this point if we'd be able to meet the current sale price on then now, but I'm hoping we can give everyone here the best deals they'll be able to find.

Philippe

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have a kind of the disc. A old version of the Disc-go by Airhead. We have a lot of fun with this disc. First it's very easy to all beginner to star on the belly or on your knee. You are able to doo a lot of trick like 360, 180 etc in knee board position. You can getup end practice your Yoga :) joking. After a season of wake surfing, we take back the disc-go and had again a lot of fun. For the price is a winner.

Here is my model:
Disc-Go
But it is heavy and lazy to transport. I will probably change for a inflatable one. The slingshot with the handles and the stater hook (like the kneeboard) look perfect and the price is more than good

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine should be here any day now. Just ordered last week. I'll be certain to report back how we use it this summer. The wife and 7yr old are very excited about it.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mine is on its way, too. It seems to be the same type of product as the RAD disc, and they have videos of it at higher speed, so I'm sure we'll screw around with ours and have fun. Looks like it would double as a nice accessory to hang out on when just relaxing, as well.

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
We bought one last week when they were on sale for $129. Our kids are 6 and 4, so we will most likely tow them with an adult at a couple miles an hour behind the boat to start out with. I may use it at some higher speeds, but it looked like it would be also be fun at anchor to just lounge around on for the kids and grand parents. Not sure it would be worth it at $500, but at the sale price I felt I couldn't pass it up.

nate kennedy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The more I look at it the more I kind of like it for the sand bar or anchored up. We’ll probably end up getting it like you said at the sale price it’s not to bad to try out... 500$ might be a different story!

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mine just arrived, seems nice. Real grippy surface on top, nice thick material, and folds up compactly with included strap. Came with a pump and a nice repair kit, as well.

nate kennedy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We ended up ordering one too... figured for 200 bucks can’t really go wrong right? 🤷‍♂️

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
A buddy of mine has the Rad version. The kids love it. It's game to them to see who can stand up the fastest on it. As an adult though it's tough.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How the hell did you get it folded back that small?

After I inflated mine I can barely fold the thing. Even leaving the valve fully open. Just seems too stiff to really fold up well.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I haven't inflated mine yet, though if its anything like my SUP board which is the same material, it should get a little more pliable after a few inflate/deflate cycles.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First day on the water with out Idrodisk. The 7yr old loved it. Haven't tried to ride it behind the boat yet. Maybe tomorrow if the weather holds.

IMG_20190525_133603.jpg

Momma and baby sat on it for awhile as well.
IMG_20190525_145131.jpg

Was really quite handy and fun. Managed to get it folded quite small this time. I suspect having it out in the sun helped. Easily fits in the rear underseat storage on the starboard side.

@J-RAD I'll be surprised if you don't sell a ton of these.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@2kwik4u, that's awesome. They do look like a lot of fun.

I've got one black and yellow one listed on our site currently.
They've continued to be on heavy discount because of the fact Slingshot is discontinuing them. They just couldn't produce them at the quality they wanted and keep the price point competitive. The only color option available from Slingshot is the pink/blue like you have. I could bring more in depending in the demand.

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
We finally took ours out this weekend and the kids (6 and 4) loved it. Towed them behind the boat at about 5-8mph and the we belly laughing the whole time. I took it a bit faster, rode it standing up and on my knees to try doing 360’s. Would recommend at the discounted sub-$200 price point. Not sure it’s worth the full retail price.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Update for everyone. We spent a week in TN and had some time to play with the disc on a tow rope behind the boat. It is a freaking RIOT of a good time and ANYONE can ride the thing.

I tried surfing on it standing up. That worked OK. Around 10mph with no ballast. It's too "slow" to really surf, but if you shorten a normal ski rope to about 15-18ft from eye to handle it puts you right on the edge of the wake. You can stand on it here all day and leaning will induce some small amount of steering in it. Handle position laterally controls spin pretty easy. Was really quite fun.

Neighbors 11yr old daughter rode it sitting down. Had about 25-30ft of rope from handle to eyelet. Ran about 12-14mph. Just off plane. Ended up doing "serpentine" movements and "swinging" her across the wake. She just sat there and held on with both hands as we swung her around. Said it was lots of fun.

My 8yr old boy rode it as well. This time we had the rope back at the 15-18ft length, around 11-12mph and the ski handle "latched" into the little fitting on the front. All he had to do was sit there, slightly behind center, and everything else just kinda worked. He liked it better than the tube he said. He's usually VERY gun-shy on watersports, so getting him behind the boat on ANYTHING is a win for us.

Overall we are using it almost every single outing. Had the 15mo baby sitting and playing on it for awhile this past week. The 8yr old love to tie it off to about 15-20ft of rope and jump off the boat onto the disc and "surf" until the rope catches. Lather/Rinse/Repeat for hours in that use case. We used it as a coffee table of sorts during date night. Worked well to hold our drinks while we "floated around" and chatted. There has been discussion of using it as a "stage" of sorts for Adult weekend, but I suspect there will be too many drinks for anyone to reliably stand up on the thing for any kind of "performance"......I'll keep everyone posted on how that works out if it comes to pass.

I've gotten better at folding it up once deflated. I can easily fold it in 4ths, and then take that now long section, and fold that into 3rds and put the provided strap around it. Fits nicely into the rear starboard storage on our AR190. Takes a bit of a workout to inflate, but it's not terrible. My arms are starting to get some decent tone to them after 6-7 uses :D :D

For the $150 I spent on it, it's well worth it. Notice @J-RAD is currently running a sale on them. Site says $199. It's worth it for us at that price.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We like ours, haven't actually towed with it yet though. It's a great platform for lounging around behind the boat. If you have any other high-pressure inflatables (we carry a SUP with us), I can't recommend an automatic pump any more. Plug it in, press the button, and its done and at the right pressure in a couple minutes.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
We like ours, haven't actually towed with it yet though. It's a great platform for lounging around behind the boat. If you have any other high-pressure inflatables (we carry a SUP with us), I can't recommend an automatic pump any more. Plug it in, press the button, and its done and at the right pressure in a couple minutes.
Bring it with you to OC next week and I’ll try it and let everyone know. 😉