• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Smoked bacon wrapped pork loi

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
First let me start off my addressing the bake potato, which IMO is the stepchild of pellet cooking. We always talk about the ribs, steaks, brisket etc but never about the baked potato. It is one of my favorites, I rub in olive oil and spices and cook at 325 to 350 and in about an hour it is done to perfection. Now moving to my bacon-wrapped pork loin. I dried brine it in salt, pepper and paprika overnight. I then coated in olive oil and and sprinkle it again with the same seasoning. Wrapped with smoke bacon. Placed on a rack and added wine and water along with chopped pecan, onions, garlic, chopped dates and figs and cooked to 150. It must have been good as there was done left for leftovers [flag]fullsizeoutput_48ab.jpegfullsizeoutput_48ac.jpegfullsizeoutput_48ab.jpeg

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Look's good @John McLaughlin . Good note about the baked potato and I also heard good things about smoking potatoes for potato salad. I am going to try that and the above; both would be great on the boat and could be easily warmed up on the grill