• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SMOKED HAM

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I should have updated this thread...

Man, was that ham good! It still is! We took it all to Maui with us, in three bags. I froze two packages and carried in a 9 can AO cooler along with our inflight snacks. I also had a warm bag of shredded ham for sandwiches. OMG, that was great and all during our 10 days on Maui, 9 days in Hana, we had the ham for lunch 4 or 5 times, and ham with eggs twice for breakfast! It was a great idea Bruce, the BIL wants to order one the next time I smoke one! A few pics will be uploaded to this soon...thanks again @Bruce !
image.jpg
image.jpg

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I cooked it for 24 hours! I added some lump at the 20 hour mark, but it was more a gut reaction rather than a need. It looked half used at 24 hours, no more...I just didn't want to have to add more if the temps climbed. I am deciding I need a blower. I am looking at the digiQ from the ceramic grill store...everything you need for $275. I have seen more but not sure the cyberQwifi is worth the extra, and not sure Tom over at the CGS recommends them, but I will find out! It is funny, I was worried that the ham would max out internally well before I got to @Bruce 's 24hour magic number. But the internal temp of the ham was only 155 after 24hrs. I reconstituted and heated the ham for the flight to 160F in a sealed bag on the gas cooktop for about 20 min. It was just like fresh cooked and I foiled, toweled, and put in a foiled insulated bag for the trip. It was still very warm when we had sandwiches some 6 hours later. I did all the heating early before leaving home, around 7am, we at around 1pm after we leveled off at 34,000ft for the flight to Maui. Also, I carved the ham for sandwiches, it was great cold, almost as good as warm. Damn that ham was/is good!