• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

"So long" surge brakes!

h2oskierfl95

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Very cool! Was this the Plug N Play kit or did you hardwire everything?

I was wondering on how to adapt this kit and where to mount it. I sent Shorelandr' and email and they said... I could unhook the current actuator, plug the hole and use it as a coupler – then install your electric brake set up. Or… We have a non-brake swing tongue kit( part number 6952616) in which you would also need to purchase a coupler ( after market) that would fit and work with your electric over hydraulic brake kit.
It wasn't an "All-in-one" kit, but there's nothing that can't be reversed if you choose. The brake line connecters are the same for the reservoirs, just swap them, bleed them, and take care of the wiring. I pulled the old surge controller out of the tounge, but you wouldn't necessarily have to.

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
It wasn't an "All-in-one" kit, but there's nothing that can't be reversed if you choose. The brake line connecters are the same for the reservoirs, just swap them, bleed them, and take care of the wiring. I pulled the old surge controller out of the tounge, but you wouldn't necessarily have to.
Excellent, thanks!

Scooter Scott

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m in the process of adding the Hydrastar setup to my trailer. My surge actuator was blown so I ripped the guts out and have bolted the coupling housing to the frame. No more jolting back and forth!

h2oskierfl95

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m in the process of adding the Hydrastar setup to my trailer. My surge actuator was blown so I ripped the guts out and have bolted the coupling housing to the frame. No more jolting back and forth!
It's some of the best money your will ever spend. I'm never going back.

Scooter Scott

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ran into a little snag - the brake line is leaking from the flared end. its on the backside of the nut on the side of the rubber hose before the compression. It squirt 6 ft away from me lol

Also just to confirm, which size do you have? I got the 1600PSI