• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

So this happened at our local boat launch Friday...

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
An automatic transmission will not hold the truck and boat on the ramp in park, especially if you are reversing off the trailer and dragging on the bunks. If the e-brake let go it probably popped right out of park. The cars I have seen follow their boats into the water were all automatic transmissions in park with either no e-brake or a poorly adjusted one. I always have someone in the truck with the truck running in 4L and the brakes pushed firmly to the floor. Even then you still have to hope the engine doesn't choose that exact moment to develop issues. :)

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

ACRDSPORT14

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
PWC
I Haven't been up there for 2 years. I used to go to red bank just to see the crowd! Place is crazy at times

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When I was a kid I used to spend summers at the lake. The ramp was wood and would develop a nice thin algae coating. Somebody with a 2wd car or truck would back in and eventually the whole thing would be in the water. Very entertaining for a kid. Happened at least once a day. About the only dumb thing I have done at the ramp was forget a trailer tie down at the rear. Dumb. Now I always do a double walk around with the mental checklist. Cam.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Last week a our marina a $150k 34' Daytona Eliminator sunk at the gas dock. Story is the guy ran across the lake without installing the drain plugs. Went into the restaurant to have dinner and when he came out saw is life jackets and soft sided cooler floating. He thought someone was messing with him. When he got down to the gas dock only the front 5 or 6 feet of the bow was above water.
Which marina on texoma?

Captbob

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you are in an area without your boat and have some free time, go to the local boat ramp and watch the action. I have often road away on my bike laughing like crazy.