• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Softly playing Taps

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No one is dead; However Bennie is gone...

Gone with another family. A really nice local military family with young children who will love her and take her out a whole lot more often than we could.

It was my second best day :winkingthumbsup"

(Now, where's the best place to buy a Sea Hunt Gamefish 27!!)

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

I forgot he was for sale. Very nice choise...F.S. or C.B.? They are similar to Pursuit Boats. A young, apparently wealthy family at our marina has a Pursuit S328. The S288 looks like a similar layout to the Gamefish 27FS. That will be a good choise for you in the Gulf. As we say around here...Buy your second boat First, The 30+ footers look good too. ;)

Gamefish 27 C.B.

20190721_073652.jpg

Pursuit S288

20190721_073947.jpg

But what am I talking about...I guess I like spending others' money, they are both out of my price range. Good luck with the Hunt.

Last edited:

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bennie if you are locked in on the Seahunt Gamefish 27, I would place a WTB post on thehulltruth ... that place is the Mecca for the center console crowd. I am lurking on THT to make a similar move.

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bennie here’s one near me ... looks like a private party sale. If this makes your short list, I live close by and could be an extra set of local eyeballs, if this could help you:

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you for the lead @zipper. I just looked at the S288 and fell in love with the layout and wood accents..... then I saw the price.😱

That'll be a hard "NO" for me. Holy crap that thing's expensive! The one I looked at had a MSRP of $230,800 with the twin F300s on the back.

We've had our eye on a GF27 (with front seating) since last summer, when momma found one and fell in love. When we priced one out, it was around $120k, with our desired options.

Still looking though. My only concern is that'll we'll end up missing a lot of the great "family options" that are on the Yamahas.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's a very nice offer @Ilmmct, I greatly appreciate it. That's just not quite the layout or color scheme we've been looking for.

Here's our/momma's latest find:
(A day too late though, she's sold already)

The hunting continues.....

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Bennie I knew they had to be up there in price...the family that owns the new S328 Pursuit gets to the marina in a new Mercedes Benz G550, his or an Audi Q7, hers.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Brother, I wish that was me. Unfortunately I just don't make the kind of money for any of those monsters.

They are gorgeous though!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Brother, I wish that was me. Unfortunately I just don't make the kind of money for any of those monsters.

They are gorgeous though!
Aren't most of these (types of) boats owned by businesses or are they owned outright?

Andy NJ

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Gone with another family. A really nice local military family with young children who will love her and take her out a whole lot more often than we could.

It was my second best day :winkingthumbsup"

Do you mind me asking what you got for yours?

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Aren't most of these (types of) boats owned by businesses or are they owned outright?
I don't know about there, but around Gulf Shores / Orange Beach, AL (my home area) they're primarily privately owned.